August 16, 2012

Lemon Party

I posted about my daughter getting baptized. See here and here.  It was an inspiring and uplifting service. In honor of her 8th birthday and also her baptism, I designed a post-baptism party themed Lemons and Limes.

There are a ton of pictures here so bare with me but most importantly: Enjoy!

***

The program: This, the invitations, and all food labels/tags and banners were designed by my sister-in-law.  It could’ve never turned out this pretty without her help. So grateful for her and the talent she shares.DSC_0007

 

Dessert Table: Notice the ribbon strings vertically along the tablecloth?photo (2)               

DSC_0008

 

DSC_0010

DSC_0013

 

The Lemonade Stand: I spray painted yellow two wood poles I bought at Home Depot for like $2 each and attached them to the table using some twine. As you see, the banner and tissue flowers are hanging on top by being tight to the wood poles. I used my collection of mason jars and bought some stripe straws in bulk since I used those kind of straws for a lot for my parties. DSC_0017

 

Working the Lemonade Stand DSC_0071

DSC_0073

 

Table Centerpieces: I saw the idea going around on Pinterest. Over the months, I collected larger than your average mason jars from the thrift store at pennies for the dollar.  Given the season (summer) lemons and limes are at really affordable prices (say 10 lbs for .99 at the Mexican market). I sliced them, filled the jar halfway with water and a put the yellow flowers in. My local nursery was having a end-of-the-season sale and flowers were at a discount. I was able to get a bulk of them, enough for 10 arrangements (10 tables)  for 7.99. LOVE IT! DSC_0036

I wanted to add a bit more, and since I had extra limes, I got copies of her baptism pictures, taped toothpicks to the back of them and inserted them into the limes. Two pictures/limes per table. DSC_0005

 

Entry table with favorsDSC_0029 (1)

Favors: Gumdrops in small cellophane candy bags, ribbon and a tag.DSC_0031 (1)

 

How about Chicken Picatta for the main entree? And a few other delicious side dishes.DSC_0068

DSC_0066

DSC_0019

DSC_0063

 

And meet our loving family and friends. Always supporting us no matter what circumstances there may be. Unconditional love and true friendships are a gift. And now a days they seem to be getting harder and harder to find. How blessed are we to have found them.

USDSC_0141

My family (from birth): My talented and extraordinary mother, my smart and handsome brother and my cool, very cool, and funny dad.DSC_0090

 

Me and my reason to be THE BEST I CANDSC_0039

 

My “gringo” familyDSC_0047 (1)

 

Her and her GIRLFRIENDS!DSC_0049

 

Brother, who helped me pick out the flowers for the occasion,  and his wife, the designer behind all stationeries.DSC_0131

And more of our favorite people:

DSC_0144-001 DSC_0081 DSC_0087 DSC_0089 DSC_0091   DSC_0099 DSC_0100 DSC_0102 (1) DSC_0158   DSC_0138 DSC_0139 DSC_0084

DSC_0079

 

Little people: My cute nephewDSC_0097

 

Sweet AidanDSC_0093

 

My little one, already such an expert in front of the camera, alone or with companyDSC_0151

 

Followed by a few words from the parents and grandparents, there were two special musical numbers:

The first by a fascinating and entertaining musician and friend (who had just had nose surgery, but this is what true friends do, right?)

DSC_0115

And the second by an artist in the making. You just watch :)

DSC_0122

Opened hymnbook with song she sang. She sang it in Spanish. It was BEATIFUL. Melted everyone’s heart. DSC_0018

“I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain, and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the BEST I CAN, and live with God again.”

 

Con amor,

Vivian

 

Linking up here, here and here

14 comments:

  1. Looks so fresh and summery. Unfortunately, there is no way that we'll ever get 10 lbs of lemons for .99 out here in PA. .99 EACH is more like it!! What a lovely way to celebrate being 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemonade stand is too cute! I really enjoyed the yellow color theme.

    xo, Adriana.
    Horses of Ares

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this Lemon Party looks awesome. We love lemons around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This party is amazing. You can come do all my kids parties for me ok?!!? Following you!!!

    http://thebees3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lemon theme!! All the food and decor turned out amazing! Great photos of a very special event :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture of your daughter singing. Priceless! And Vivian, your post and pictures deserve a spread for a magazine. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lemon party! So bright and cheery! I found you via the Networking Blog Hop and am now following you via GFC! I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to her- that is exciting! Love your decorations & the food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping over from the blog hop! Aw! I love the theme, and the pictures! Really cute party! :)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was a great party!! Love the pics.

    Thanks so much for visiting and joining in the I Love My Online Friends Monday Hop. I am now following you back.

    Tami
    http://www.thethingswefindinside.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That party looks amazing, I love the color! And your daughter looks adorable in her baptism dress!

    Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop and now following along…I would love if you would stop by and say hello :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. The party looks wonderful! Such a cute & creative theme!

    Thanks so much for joining in the ILMOF Monday hop! Have a great week!

    Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your lemonade party and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete