July 31, 2012

Unless

 

unless 

via

“UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not!”

No surprise to you, I suppose, I read kid’s books. Of course! I’ve got kids! And I LOVE  Dr. Seuss. A while back we went to see the movie The Lorax. And I was so excited to share that moment with my kids.I was first introduced, believe it or not, to the book the Lorax in my environmental health class in college. But never too late. That class and that book changed my ways ever since:

*I went from littering (sad but true.There was no type of environmental education or awareness in Colombian when I was growing up) to a recycle sergeant.

*From not noticing the colors of the leaves to my kid’s first colors learned being green (obviously) and blue (the recycling tank is blue).

*From a greasy cheeseburger to non-processed foods and from the citrus smell of Lysol to non-chemicals household cleaners ( I’ve been using vinegar long before Pinterest made it famous).

For me it hasn’t been about going green half way or all the way. It has been more about what I owe to my children. I owe them the world that I am leaving behind. I DO care and I hope to care an “awful lot.”

You could care less about the warnings of screwing up our environment? Then this post is still for you. Your life is more than the trees and the oceans, it’s your job, it’s your personal relationships, it’s your faith, etc etc. So remember:

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not!

 

Con amor,

Vivian

4 comments:

  1. This post gave me chills. It is such a good reminder. I can be less than green at times, and I really need to refocus on how important our environment truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that movie! It is so true that if you don't care then it won't change! Good for doing things differently for the future of your children and the world they live in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I still haven't seen that movie- definitely will rent it soon. And yes we can all learn and change for the better if we just care enough to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful one from Dr. Suess - out of a long list of wonderful reminders!

    Happy seeing beautiful!
    http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete