July 9, 2012

Bun IN THE Oven

Best friend is having a baby. I’ve been looking forward, not only to the arrival of this baby, but to the designing, planning and hosting of the baby shower.

She is having a boy, and I couldn’t bear the thought of plain blue. So I added the red and went for a retro feel inspired on several images I saw on Pinterest.

So here you have it: A Bun in the Oven baby shower for baby LUCA!

 

My mom helped me make this oven with cardboard boxes, a pocket knife, hot glue gun, old CD’s, condiment lids, an old rack and spray paint. We learned how to do it from here. The oven was the perfect place to put the cupcakes, which were vanilla flavored with raspberry filling (yum!).DSCN6240

 

For the candy, I used glass vases and containers I’ve bought over time from the local thrift store. Wrapped red and white polka dot ribbon around them. DSCN6247

Made strawberry shortcake and placed paper straws in the cups.  A friend made the cake pops shaped as cinnamon rolls. Recognize the stand? I used it for the first time with my jungle party here. It’s a produce box. Your local grocery store, I’m sure, won’t have a problem gifting you one, like they did for me. DSCN6248

DSCN6250

 

Got the raw wood letters from Hobby Lobby and spray painted them. The bunting I handmade by sewing together pieces of fabric I had previously cut in a triangular shape. DSCN6259

You know no party of mine can go without being adorned with tissue flowersDSCN6263

DSCN6275

 

Favors. The idea of using these IKEA small glass jars as favors you can see it here and I liked it so much that I had to do it again. This time, I placed a square of red and white plaited fabric I got on sale from Hobby Lobby before closing the lids. I filled the jars with cinnamon crackers. DSCN6276

 

DSCN6285

 

DSCN6290

 

DSCN6291

 

We each wrote some love notes to the baby and the future mom and placed them inside this box. I found it at the thrift store, you know, one of those perfect finds at just the right time.DSCN6292

 

Her and IDSCN6304-001

 

And some of the girls there that dayDSCN6322-001

 

The three of us are from Barranquilla!! (Just couldn’t keep going without mentioning it…)DSCN6358

 DSCN6379

DSCN6417-001

I think you can tell she sure had a fabulous time. And so did I.

 

Con amor,

Vivian

18 comments:

  1. This is soooooo creative!!

    I love the theme and that homemade oven is to die for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute theme! Love it! Looks like you all had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love this baby shower idea! Is all in the details right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is THE CUTEST shower idea I've seen. I love the color scheme! You should become a professional party planner, seriously! I love this and the jungle themed party you did a little bit ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! What a lucky best friend. I love that little oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encanta, Vivian! Te quedo espectacular.
    Muchas felicidades a la futura madre y a disfrutar de los regalitos.
    Saludos desde California!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VIVIAN!!! This is the cutest thing ever!!! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vivian, just stopping by from lowercase letters. I love this shower idea!! It is beyond cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Vivian...this is the cutest baby shower I have ever seen!! Good work girl! I LOVE it!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that?! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que original! I love this baby shower idea! The cardboard oven is my favorite thing. I think I might have to borrow the favors idea. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it all! We definitely should do parties together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! What a fun party and theme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vivian I love it. The oven had me at first glance what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, you are amazing!! That is awesome, love all these ideas :) Her baby bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love each piece! You have a budding career in events and party organizing Vivian.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am in love with everything!! the red and blue together - one of my favorite color combos. the gingham details and awesome oven - omygosh, that is such an adorable and awesome idea! i've never seen it before.
    you and your friends are beautiful!
    what a sweet day of celebrating. <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, vivian! this is so amazing! all of the details are perfect. i love the ikea jars with fabric for favors.

    ReplyDelete