July 1, 2012

5 Minutes

What do you do on Sundays?

For us church day. Our chapel is a 5 minute walk from our house and giving the nice summer weather, we walk as a family to church. Those 5 minutes turn into en eternity of seconds when we discover the ideas and thoughts in our kid’s minds. They express so much of who they are and what they feel. Those 5 minutes are made for laughing at the silly questions like “Why can’t we walk on the clouds?” or statements directed towards me like: “No fair Papi gets to sleep in your bed and not us!”

I wouldn’t trade my 5 minutes from anything else in the world.

I know they won’t last.

My kids will grow up and eventually go on their own.

There won’t be tangible 5 minutes anymore, but they will exist within me forever.

 

Right after our 5 minutes, about to enter our church building the other Sunday: MY LOVES50a4817ebe2d11e19894123138140d8c_7

 

Wishing you a happy Sunday!

 

Con amor,

Vivian

 


6 comments:

  1. So beautifully written. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I live that you are making a conscious effort to appreciate the little moments. That picture is precious! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Sunday as well!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo! Sure love her shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! That is indeed the most valuable and priceless 5 minutes anyone could ever own Vivian. When I was younger, I used to walk with my mom to the church too. I suddenly remember those days.. I never thought that I would look back on them and realize how precious those moments are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sunday! And happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute - thats great you can walk to church :)

    ReplyDelete