June 1, 2012

4 Generations

My husband’s grandfather is very ill. One day he was there, all complete, and all of the sudden his body started deteriorating, and fast. Life is fragile.

We are treasuring these last days we have with him like no other. I am so honored and humbled to have met such a great man whom since the very first day he met me 10 year ago, gave me only but so much LOVE and ACCEPTANCE. He told me many stories of the good old time while at the same time asked much about my heritage and culture. We enjoyed sharing that with each other so it stays with me his legacy, his example, his story.

 

My husband, his mother, my son and Grandpa.grandpa

 

*Grandpa passed away yesterday. I had already written this post by the time of his death.*

Families can be together forever

 

Con amor,

Vivian

4 comments:

  1. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this bough time. It is always sad, but it's also great to remember the wonderful times you shared together. Reading things like this makes me remember to hug those I love a little tighter, and try to live in the moment!

    besos amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. God bless your family in this time. Your family truly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss, Vivian. Glad you got to spend a little bit of time with him before he passed. You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will include him in my prayers Vivian.

    ReplyDelete