February 7, 2012

Shoot for the stars

For a few years now, one and/or two of my kids have been involved in quite a few things. They have gone from dance, guitar and piano, to karate and baseball, to soccer to until recently basketball.

evanjrjazz

Do you know what’s history? Sleeping in on Saturday mornings.

I lived for my Saturday mornings! In fact, I think I was sort of the sleep-in “addict.” It seems like it was forever ago. And I can’t remember no more how it used to be before I had ALWAYS something to do.

Do you think I mind? Nope. Even with the newly spotted dark circles under my eyes, I don’t mind it at all. I consider this selfless love and sacrifice. I don’t know how else I would call something I gave up so “dear” to me for the sake of my children.

I read once a quote that said “Going to bed with a dream and waking up with a purpose”

Every night, I dream. Every day, yet even every Saturday morning, I wake up with a purpose. My purpose is my family. My purpose is for my kids to become well rounded and be prepared to “shoot for the stars.”

evanjrjazz3

What is your purpose?

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Family is the best purpose ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. "Go to bed with a dream and wake up with a purpose". That is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. Our daughter is starting soccer this spring, and I'm so excited for her to be able to meet new kids and participate in team sports. I was able to do so many activities growing up and I want to make sure she has those same opportunities. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Vivian!!! So inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I like that quote! I don't know what my purpose is yet, but I'm only 24 so I supposed I still have time to find out. :)

    Just dropping by from #FF.
    Holly
    http://adventuresofholly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to thank my mom for that same sacrifice now as much as possible because when I was little I certainly didn't realize what a big deal it was. The woman didn't miss a soccer game, a piano recital, a cheerleading competition, a band competition...nothing. For YEARS. Our cheer competitions were almost always on the other side of the state too, meaning we'd have to get up at 6am and drive for hours, and then she'd sit there on the bleachers for hours waiting while other teams competed for us to go out and do our couple minutes worth of routine. My mother is as close to a saint as can be! It's sweet that you are willing to do the same for your kids. They'll appreciate it when they're older!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post! I am definitely relishing our lazy weekends right now while Ellie is too young to be involved in all of those sports! :-)
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post for me to stumble upon as I was checking out Shane's sponsors :)

    ReplyDelete