February 8, 2012

Las Mañanitas

I remember how on everyone of my birthdays my mom would wake me up as she serenaded me by singing Las Mañanitas, a traditional birthday song customary pretty much in every Spanish speaking country with a very significant meaning.

How would you like being awaken by a close to angelical voice telling you: how lovely is the morning in which I come to greet you
we all come with joy and pleasure to congratulate you.
The day you were born all the flowers bloomed…?”

My Pictures2

This and every day “Las Mañanitas” is for you Mami.

Happy Birthday!

Collages6

Te amo!

 

Linking up with And then she snapped, Live and love outloud, Parenting by dummies, Seven clown circus, Naptime momtog, Project Alicia.

9 comments:

  1. I think I like that birthday song much more than the American one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just took me back to my childhood bedroom being woken up by my dad singing that to me on my birthday! 31 years young and he still calls me and sings that too me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... Vivian, this is beautiful! Everything always sounds so much prettier in Spanish! Cute pics!

    Happy Birthday to your mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet!!! my mom used to sing us songs in spanish all the time...I miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to wish her a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned a little Spanish so when I read your title in my blog feed, I immediately clicked it. And there it was.. a beautiful woman with a beautiful heart too. Happy Birthday to your dearest mother too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to her. Cute shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Love this post. And your blog!! Newest reader :)

    ReplyDelete