January 30, 2012

Valentine’s wreath

I used a different wreath last year. See here. I didn’t like it anymore. I wanted more to it but at the same time to keep it as burlap. I removed the hearts, the glue was still stuck to the burlap so the only way to save this wreath was by somehow covering the glue spots, which I did.

To make the wreath I used:IMG_20120119_155855 (1)

The old wreath with burlap

Several strings of tulle in different shades of pink and red

Valentine’s Buttons and letters

Ribbon

**First was to tie all the tulle strings around the wreath interchanging colors. It would end up looking like this:IMG_20120121_134536

 

**Second cut the strings. I wanted the knots to look uneven and in different lengths:IMG_20120121_134824

 

Later I tied some pink ribbon to it as well and this is how it looked:IMG_20120121_135937

 

and after hotglueing the valentine’s buttons (no picture) I completed my wreath. And I like it!IMG_20120129_162423

 

Linking up here today!

12 comments:

  1. so pretty and festive. you did it...again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head over to my Made My Day Monday Blog Link-Up today! Get new followers and share your story that made your day!!

    http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and pretty! :) Great job, Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. Too cute :-) You did a great job my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, SO pretty!!! Thanks for sharing with us Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made one identical to this but haven't put it up on my front door yet! Yours looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Thanks for always commenting on my blog, I love it! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wreath came out so beautiful! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love is definitely in the air :)

    ReplyDelete