January 19, 2012

Love Tree

 

These days you will see the Love Tree on Pinterest quite a bit. Before there was Pinterest, I had actually created a Love Tree of my own. I made it last year for Valentine’s. I blogged abut it here when I was just a new blogger and had like 3 followers.

And because it’s one of my favorite DYI projects I’ve ever done, and because Valentine’s it’s actually my favorite Holiday of all, and because this precious Love Tree is UP once more in my house, here you have it:

Love is in the air collage

I used a clear flower vase, a few tree branches, heart shaped ornaments from Hobby Lobby (a dozen for $2.00 when their Valentine’s stuff was 50% off), red ribbon, wallet size black and white family pictures and clips to pin pictures to the ornaments.

 

These are some of the pictures I displayed. I trimmed the edges of the pictures with scrapbook scissors 

Black and white Collage

 

The final product:

V-Day

I’m excited for Valentine’s day. Are you?

xoxo

Vivian

 

 

**Linking up with these lovely ladies today**

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute. I really want to do this now :) It would make a really cute centerpiece and conversation piece too :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo cute! I love it! I want to make one :) I love Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were cool before pinterest made it cool. That says A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun idea! As much as I dislike Valentine's Day, I actually love this project!!
    You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so so cute! Love with the pictures on it. Great idea. I am currently making my own tree, just with felt hearts- like one I saw on pinterest of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute tree, and great craft idea! I love it :) I'm not too excited about valentines day though, no tengo novio :( I guess it'll be a night with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that tree! That's awesome! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for your great tips about traveling! I never even thought of sending my hubby on the plane early, and keeping Ellie off until the very end...it worked like a charm!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. I LOVE IT! I want one too!! I am so making one. Valentines day is my most favoute holiday too.
    Thanks for the idea ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea! I love that you're celebrating Valentine's Day with the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea. I have zero Valentines decorations- maybe I'll try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! I need to decorate as well before it passes us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's so pretty.. i love it. i might just have to make one like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing - we'll have to do this! :)

    ReplyDelete