January 23, 2012

Love Sacks

I do a lot with burlap. I’ve accumulated a ton of burlap material. I once got this potatoes sacks at the thrift store and not only do I still use it for sack races at the kid’s birthday parties, but also to turn them into craft projects. Who would’ve known that 4 years back when I got them, burlap would become so IN today. Lucky me!

The following project, I also made last year. I blogged about it here. I got the idea from these lovely ladies.

I got my Love Sacks out over the weekend as I was decorating my house for Valentines’ and I knew I had to share this with my new readers. Enjoy!

***

Print the letters that spell “Love” from the computer and then cut them out.Love letters

 

I don’t sew, so a friend of mind was kind enough to do it for me. She turned the fabric into smaller burlap sacks.Sacks

 

Place the letter cutouts over the sacks.Love letters 2

 

Spray paint red above the letters (Be careful as you spray paint to not go over the fabric, try to stay within the limits of the paper. I also put some paper inside the sacks to make sure the paint wouldn’t soak through and stain the other side of the sack) Painted letters

 

Fill the sacks up with old fabric remnants and tighten them close with red ribbon. Put them in the correct order to spell the word “LOVE”  and there you have them!love finished

 

My Valentine’s entryway table is complete. And I’m in LOVE…

Love Table

**Linking up here**

21 comments:

  1. Simple yet it turned out to be a unique and a lovely DIY craft Vivian! great job there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are just darling. I'm thinking they are just what my mantle needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. What a beautiful project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooove this tutorial! Will so love to try it out! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO creative and adorable. You are the master of DIY home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so adorable and creative! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I really love burlap! I'm planning on using it for a lot of DIY wedding decor when I get married next fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty! I might try it to use coffee beans, I love the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute and such a great idea!


    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute idea! i also love burlap but do not have any! i love projects like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SOOOO cute, and so creative! I just "pinned" it to pinterest because I'm going to try to make them later, I'll let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the coolest projects going Vivian! These are cute!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! What a fun idea! I found you through Making the World Cuter. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cute and so easy even i can do it

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I love these!!!!

    http://www.angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

    your newest follower :)

    follow me back? XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them! Hope you don't mind if I pin and borrow your idea....I'm thinking about making tiny ones for my daughters' teachers with smelly-goods of some sort inside!
    -Shara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me encantan! Que idea mas linda y facil de hacer.
    Saludos desde California!

    ReplyDelete