January 16, 2012

Earrings storage

If you are like me, who has earrings laying all around the house, and they get mixed up and you can never find their matching pair and/or their backs that hold them in place, then I think you will -very much- like this idea.

Give your oven rack a makeover. And if you don’t have one, you can find them by the handful, for merely a penny, at the thrift store. Spray paint it ( I chose a red color that would go with my bedroom), add ribbon to hang it… IMG_20111107_110016

 

and you get this: IMG_20111107_150316

Idea from here via Pinterest

How practical and smart is this idea! Don’t you think? And on a budget. Just how I like it. 

My “getting ready” time has even shortened by quite the minutes because I can finally visualize the earrings that match the best with my outfit. What can I say?…I’m an earring kind of girl. Up to this date I have been able to fit over 30 pairs on this rack (not all shown here).

 

Linking up here, here and here

16 comments:

  1. such a cute idea! I have something similar except with a picture frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, you are a genius. This is a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! Earring storage has always been tough for me and I love finding new ideas! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE this! I'm totally going to do this THIS week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I really need a good way to store my earrings. I don't have very many because I can't seem to keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! All of my earrings are in a box, in a drawer and I was just thinking about how I need an earring stand. What a great project! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh. Best idea! I heart all your pretties too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness I love this idea! I have the very same problem with my earrings!! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Good job :) I have the same pair as one pair of your earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! That's a fun new way to display earrings! I've seen the picture frames, but not an oven rack! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is such a great DIY! Something so simple can be very useful and to have your earrings hanging like that makes it easier to pick out earrings for an outfits each morning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooh I REALLY like this idea! So super cool, and EASY! thank you vivian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute idea!! I need to do this :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete