December 4, 2011

Skiing

I’m a beach girl living in the snowy Rocky Mountains. At times, I find it sort of weird that my own children aren’t playing on the beach every weekend when that’s all I did as a child. 

Instead they ski.

I stayed home getting my Christmas decorations up.

I don’t ski…nor have any desire for it (don’t judge me). But I do have a perfect world: the amazing and loving grandparents, aunts and uncles who give my kids the opportunities to do some things that most likely would have gone right through my head.

I was content to get a full report on their skiing adventures through the camera and their excited words. dscn5534_0173

Don’t they look HAPPY? They SURE were!

 

And the whole gang:dscn5536_0175

 

Happy Sunday Friends!

 


 

Linking up here and here

7 comments:

  1. Awww! It looks like they had fun! I've never been skiing! Sounds like you had a pretty productive weekend as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this is making me wish i was up in park city right now snoooowboarding! we're saving it for next year (hard to go too often with a babe) but i simply CANNOT WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Popping by from FTLOB. I love your profile and sharing of ways to celebrate the many facets of culture, both personally and globally with your family and others.

    Happy seeing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are lucky!!! I bet they had such a great time. I was afraid of skiing when I was little so it was not until I was a teenager that I started.

    Visiting from The Simple Things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun...our boys can't wait to get up on the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what fun - as I sit here and rub Aloe Vera Gel into my sunburn from yesterdays heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't ski either. I'd much rather enjoy the beach, too. Haha.

    Enjoy the week, love!
    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete