December 16, 2011

Pumpkin Thieves and Buffalo Wings

Hello Friends! I have a special guest today. Siri is one TALENTED girl. I have enjoyed her blog dearly and I hope you do, too.
Take it away Siri!

***

Hi everyone! My name is Siri and I am guest posting from Of Pumpkin Thieves and Buffalo Wings! Come visit me sometime! I'm excited to be over here on Vivian's blog today and I'll be writing about being a Newlywed (I've been married for 7 months, but as far as I'm concerned you can be a "newlywed" for life)! :)

  When I was engaged, people would often say things like, "You think you're in love? Just give it ten or twenty years," or "When you are old you will look back and think, man I didn't even know what love was!" I know that the sentiments were meant be kind and I know that I will love my husband more with each passing day, but I didn't really agree with their perspective of newlyweds not knowing what love is. I even heard one person tell me, "You'll like seeing that face when you wake up, but it will get boring after a while." Sad!

I believe in a growing love, just like they do, but that does not diminish the fact that strong love can be there right from the start. I think someday I will look back and think, "Wow... we were so crazy in love and what's grown from it!" We newer newlyweds (Lance & I) do things like celebrate "monthiversaries" for the first eleven months of marriage because we are so excited about the journey that we have embarked on. We like to sticky note the house with messages of love. We like to dance madly to music to get each others' attention. We make date night a priority. We like to do newlywed stuff. We love to watch each other sleep when one of us wakes before the other. But as far as I'm concerned, you could honestly be a newlywed forever. We are planning on it. Love grows, but nothing can grow that does not have life to begin with. So to all of you readers who are married, I challenge you to be a newlywed forever... go leave a love note today.

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! My love for hubby has been ridiculously out of control since day one. And it still is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet. and so true. i'm still madly in love, but it definitely feels so much deeper years later and after children. congrats to you newlyweds! you're a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete