I made this Advent Calendar last year after I saw it somewhere where I can’t remember (before there was Pinterest and I could file pretty ideas in an orderly fashion). I will tell you that as I was putting my Christmas decorations up, I was more excited about this one, than the actual Christmas tree.
I posted about it last year when I had like what? ...5 followers. But because I so LOVE the way it turned out, I believe it to be worth repeating the post.
You will need:
plastic cups (I bought the common red party cups from Target)
twine (from Hobby Lobby)
tree branches (got trees in your backyard?)
a single hole punch opener
Christmas flowers for that extra touch and color
It was very easy to make but it does take some time.
1. Spray paint the cups with silver paint. For the numbers I used white craft paint.
2. While the paint dries cut the branches to the desired length using garden scissors.
3. Make two holes with hole punch opener on the upper part of cups. Run a small string of twine trough both holes.
4. After all the cups have their holders (or twine) place them in branch. Then tie the branches to each other ( I made 5 rows so you’ll need to tie five branches to each other). I didn't really measure anything, just kind of did it by eye.
5. At the end, I added some Christmas flowers to the corners.
I am not only depositing candy and treats inside the cups, but my kids will find little messages at times or vouchers for activities we will do.
Needless to say my kids are so EXCITED!
Let the countdown begin!!