December 21, 2011

The Castle

Once in a while you come across a castle looking structure on Pinterest. Many on this site have referred to it as such “pretty castle.”

It’s not a castle, although I would have to say, it looks like one and it’s very common to find many little girls (that was once me) who dream of the day they can go inside. It’s the Salt Lake Mormon temple. A special and sacred place for me and my family and for many more. It’s also where I got married.

Temple Square is beautifully decorated around Christmas time. We went to see the lights the other night and despite my camera phone, we Amor got a really good shot of our “castle.”IMG_20111218_184028

 

And you know boys: So hard to get them on a family picture, hence we took another shot  and now our family is complete.IMG_20111218_183448

Liked what you saw, today? And how about yesterday? Tomorrow another post on my pre-Christmas celebrations/activities. Such a joyous happy time!

Happy Wednesday Friends!

 

Linking up with: And then she snapped, The paper mama, Jenni from the blog, Project Alicia, Parenting by dummies, and Naptime Momtog

12 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I haven't heard people call it that before. lol I love the SLC Temple! And it is so gorgeous this time of year. It's been a while since I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made it up there yet. BOO. But the lights look BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "castle" is gorgeous, just like your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I would love to see the Salt Lake temple all decorated some day! The Mesa Temple here is lit up beautifully this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In our family, the temple is lovingly referred to as "Jesus' cackles," which is what Akiko used to call it. I miss Temple Square.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it sure looks like a castle! happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the SLC temple! I haven't gotten to go inside, it seems like any time we're in UT and have plans to, something goes wrong, but it's definitely on my list! You and your family look so adorable. I hope your pre-Christmas festivities are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pictures! We went to temple square on Saturday, loved it. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great pictures of you guys! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete