November 13, 2011

My FAVORITES this week!

 

Still looking for some Fall decorating ideas? These are called Hurricane vases, filled with corn, beans and peas, tie twine around it, place a candle and there you have it. I actually saw some smaller glass vases like those, except that I don’t think they were called Hurricane, at the dollar store. I think I want to make this, too.74872412524553719_fHXTfRWC_b here via Pinterest

 

Do you remember how it used to be before texting took over? I certainly do. Between my friends and I, we would write love/friendship notes folded like this to each other. I still have a handful I saved from those early years.  Made it so much more personal and meaningful, I think. 452861764_C549e09h_c

 here via Pinterest

 

Worried about what to wear for your Holiday parties? I got you an idea. Too bad the dress is a $1000 but maybe a similar could be found somewhere else. Anyone? I think this shade of green is lovely.

433808082_KIbpQkbc_c 

here via Pinterest

 

Just as I type this, my husband comes downstairs to ask me for the 10th time if I’ve seen his car keys. I haven’t used his car in ages. He found them, guess where? Inside the car, still inside the ignition. They’ve been there since yesterday. And yes he parks outside. We sure live in a great and safe neighborhood. But just in case I really need to start working on this:

Kid’s blocks spray painted with chalk paint. And I have a TON of those blocks so no excuses!337666117_SKoSwIgY_c

here via Pinterest

 

This chilly weather makes me think of a few things, one of them being HOT CHOCOLATE. I’m addicted! I want to have a party just for the sake of having this HOT CHOCOLATE BAR! You can bet I will!295375732_KNCS1DxQ_c

here via Pinterest

 

I can usually get my kids to eat zucchini by squirting lime juice (fresh right out of the fruit) to it. I think they wouldn’t have a problem eating it fried: Shredded zucchini with Parmesan cheese, garlic and a few other spices. YUM!

510776704_eYrm7zh2_c

here via Pinterest

 

Innsbruck, Austria is a beautiful place. The winter Olympic games were held there once. Look how they decorate one of their main streets during the Holiday season. Another reason why I have to go to Europe again but during Winter.

354788958_oC6adcaA_c

via Pinterest

 

Ordinary? Rather EXTRAORDINARY!

233103087_uukDycug_c

here via Pinterest

 

And I know I just go all inspirational and everything but I HAD to post this one. Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this? (HA!)

323908713_MuJOiqmR_c

via Pinterest

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. oh i can relate to this post so much :)

    love that first idea for decorating (and i don't usually like the ideas i see in pinterest for fall decorating for some reason. nice find!)

    notes like that were so special to me too. i was always so excited to get a new one (especially from a boy!)

    that's a great key idea. spray painting blocks. it actually looks really great, right? :)

    and oooooh yes, turning the volume down when i'm lost. i've seen that pin before. my favorites are the ones that are like that. haha i'm sure almost everyone does that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian,
    Pinterest has such amazing things to share. I love the things you have shared in this post. I joined Pinterest recently but I have still not gotten the full hang of it. For instance I need to learn how to share things from there on my Blog!:) Ah well, I guess I will learn soon. Take care and have a good week.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I so miss passing those little notes back and forth to friends between class periods. We would make little doodles for each other, and tell silly stories. I think those notes really were so much more personal than just texting back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got chills with the notes flashback. My friends and I used to write notes and fold them JUST LIKE THAT in school. Wow, how time flies. I think I still have some saved too. Sigh...our kids will have no idea what those letters are. Kind of sad, but such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I too turn the music down!! Thanks for the inspiration to make one of those glass jar candles, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT BLOG.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vivian! I used to write letters for my friends too and fold them in the most creative day.

    I haven't been to Austria or any other European country, that actually forms my long wish list.

    Wishing you a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE all of these...especially the hot chocolate bar! I wish I'd saved all the letters my friends and i wrote to each other when we were younger. Ahh, the simple days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I passed an award on to you :)

    http://highheelsbootsandbinkies.blogspot.com/2011/11/tell-me-about-yourself-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is hilarious!! I do the exact same thing with my radio but I have no idea why!!! :o) Thank goodness I'm not the only one!!

    I really miss writing notes to people. I can't even remember the last time I sent someone a letter in the mail either. It's a little sad.

    That zucchini looks amazing! Squash and zucchini are some of my favorite veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds!! I definitely remember friendship notes and shoving them in lockers haha. Beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just LOVE Pinterest?? I'm actually very inspired to try that first hurricane project- sooo simple and yet beautiful! And, for the record, no, you are NOT alone. I laughed SO HARD at that last pin... turn down the radio- who knows why! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. i remember writing notes and folding them like that wow what a flashback to junior high

    ReplyDelete