November 11, 2011

It’s a Sun Kissed Life visiting

 

Hello Friends! Did you get a chance to see my Thanksgiving bottles here? If you want to make the same super CUTE and super EASY project I am giving away the vinyl letters for it. Since you are already a follower of my blog, all you would have to do is like me on on Facebook and leave me a comment and you are ENTERED to win! Check it out!

Today I have the honor of having Mary from It's a Sun Kissed Life. I’m over there today, too so make sure you come visit. Mary is my lovely bloggy friend, her blog is precious and she lives in Paradise. Need I say more?

Take it away Mary!

***

Hello Dance for 5 readers! or as we like to say in Hawaii, "aloha"! My name is Mary and I blog over at it's a sun kissed life. I'm so glad to be guest posting for Vivian today. She's become a great friend in bloggy land and I enjoy reading her blog daily.
I'm here to share with you a little piece of the paradise I call home. I live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. There are so many things I want to share with you guys about life on the island but that would probably be a very very long post. So I decided to break it down and pick the top ten things I love about living here.
 
1. The diversity: Hawaii is a melting pot of so many different ethnicities; Japanese, Chinese, Hawaiians, Filipinos, Puerto Ricans, Samoans, and so much more. most locals here are mixed, like my kids who are Filipino, Okinawan, Puerto Rican, Spanish and French.
 
2. Endless fun in the sun: When you're surrounded by lush green mountains and the beach is never more than 15 minutes away, there's so much you can do; tan, swim, surf, kayak, snorkel, paddle board, hike, zip line. I could go on and on... nature is our play ground.
 
 
4. Island hopping: Bored on the island you're on? Hop on a plane for a short flight to another island. Each island is just as gorgeous and has something different to offer.
 
5. The beautiful colors in the sky during a sunset.
6. The hula: such a graceful Hawaiian dance. I took hula lessons for about six years and enjoyed it. I miss dancing.
7. What's better than a rainbow? A double rainbow!
8. You can get away with walking around in a bikini anywhere without everyone staring at you. And slippers (flip flops) are acceptable daily footwear.
 
9. Shave ice: the perfect treat to enjoy on a hot sunny day. Or any day.
 
10. Aloha spirit: You greet friends, family and even people you just met with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Wave a shaka at the person who let you cut in while you're trying to merge onto another lane when driving. So that's a glimpse of what life is like on the island. come visit my blog and you can see a little more of our life in Hawaiian paradise.

XO, Mary

 

http://itsasunkissedlife.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, totally off to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to meet you Mary! I would LOVE to visit Hawaii or move there. :) Though I wouldn't go near a bikini--my glaring whiteness would scare people. Those rainbows are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post Mary! I love the pictures and learning a little more about Hawaii! It must be awesome to live over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We almost had the chance to live in Hawaii for a few years, I think it would have been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful guest post!! My hubby and I want to visit Hawaii some day and this doesn't make the wait any easier! Beautiful. :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the sweet comment, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the guest post. Makes me want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing! i loved visiting there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post Mary!! I heart Hawaii, you know that and I think Hawaii is filled with beautiful, friendly people! Great pics, great double rainbow!!

    ReplyDelete