November 29, 2011

Dreaming with our feet

I think about December and how among the many things and events that characterize this month, it is also the month of performances. We make it a priority to attend as many Christmas concerts and plays as we can, but I would have to say, there is this one small show that means the world to us. Although the studio doesn’t do a formal recital during the Holidays, as parents, we get to watch the dancers put on a Christmas dance (very low key) on a designated date.

Last year they did the Nutcracker. I got the perfect shot:
DSCN4244 
When she could barely talk she started calling it: “dreaming with my feet.” She has been dancing since she was 2 and giving us her share of joy ever since.
katisingers

katidancing

The road will go on and we shall continue to breath dance. And pray and hope that no one or anything takes that passion away from one of the most gifted dancers I have ever seen.
kati uda 2010 013

Today I cherish the memories of the last six years I’ve had with my daughter’s dancing. Teaching me all along that determination will take you places, that you teach them young and give it all you got, for no sacrifice is bad enough for the sake of a child’s future.  And that for all of those (like me) who saw a dream vanish long ago, dance is still possible…anywhere… even in our heart. 

 She is my pride. I LOVE her without measures.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Your daughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last sentence was so powerful Vivian... It beats everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious!! I love it! What a beautiful girl! Dancing was such a huge part of my childhood and I can't wait to put Leah in classes. I hope she loves it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post! Your daughter is adorable, and it's so great that she's already passionate about something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too started dancing when I was 2...it is still one of the greatest passions in my life. I hope she grows to respect the art form, enjoys every moment she gets to be moving and never falls out of love with it.

    “You have to love dancing to stick to it. It gives you nothing back, no manuscript to store away, no painting to show on walls and maybe hang in museums, no poems to be printed and sold, nothing but that fleeting moment when you feel alive. It is not for the unsteady souls.” – Merce Cunningham

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Dreaming with our feet". It couldn't be better described. I love it. And your little girl is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so cute! And it's no wonder she is your pride1 Tan bonita :) It is these memories that we will always remember and treasure! Not only us but our children :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Ella es igualita a ti! You both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet post for your little one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is beautiful, you are such a cute mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, she is beautiful! I love that last picture of her in her sparkly dress.. I love that you are fostering and nurturing her love of dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this post, and love being a dance mom too!

    ReplyDelete