November 2, 2011

Black and Purple Halloween Party

My friends hosted a Halloween party. My job was to plan and decorate it. I had never done a Halloween party before but I always knew, that if I ever did one, I was going to stay out of the typical orange and black and go for something more elegant and “spookier.”  Take a look:

The party was held at the friend’s house basement. This was the entry way: I took a medium sized tree branch and spray painted it black. Then wrap purple Christmas lights around it. The candlesticks I got at the thrift store for less than a buck each and also spray painted them black. The picture doesn’t give it justice maybe because there is too much flash but the purple lightings effect in the very dark entrance looked really cool.IMG_5465


A glance at the food table. We had mummy dogs: crescent rolls wrapped around hot dogs. Green rice: This is my mom’s specialty. I will post this recipe soon. The rice had very finely shredded chicken topped with parmesan cheese and basically the way to turn it green is with spinach. Believe me you can’t even taste the spinach. It’s delicious!IMG_5480


The Guacamole spitting pumpkin. By now you all probably know I don’t carve. Amor did a great job carving this pumpkin. Don’t you think? IMG_5468


Purple chips in a witches poison pan found at the dollar store.IMG_5470


We called these Graveyard cupcakes: Delicious corn bread muffins with Milano cookies.IMG_5469


This sparkly black and purple container,which held the silverware and napkins, were the perfect find from the Target dollar spot.IMG_5471


I made a banner for the food table out of purple and black cardstock. Attached its pieces together with black and white polka-dot ribbon. The food labels were held by clothes’ pins that I spray painted black.
IMG_5482


Made several flowers our of black and purple tissue paper and hung them all over the room.IMG_5476


And it looked like this: IMG_5561
 

Do you remember this? Well, even though I still don’t dare to have sushi again, this night was such a night to remember that, eventually, I was able to develop a relationship with the owner of the restaurant. So where do you get a ton of used empty wine bottles from? From the owner of the restaurant where you overate too much sushi. I spray painted them with black chalk paint to give them the flat look. I also got several glass cups from the thrift store at .25c each and made a label on their surface with black chalk paint also. At last, place the  candle sticks to both bottles and glasses and VOILA!  IMG_5472


Stockings filled with batting (same as blanker filler), old shoes and make it all hang from an old umbrella. I placed two of those across different sections of the room.  IMG_5485


And then it was time to PARTY!

Amor and I with the fun hosts
IMG_5557


Me and a Colombian Zombie
IMG_5461 


Pretty people on Halloween
PICTURES1


PICTURES-1


and there had to be DANCING (of course!)
PICTURES2

***
Giveaway announcement coming later on.

25 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time! Love the witch tights & umbrella, very cute idea. That rice sounds delicious, looking forward to the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! How do you find the time and energy to do this with your kids? I'm impressed, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a ton of fun! Great job with the food and decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've always loved the purple/black combination - very classy. When I have kids guess who's going to be hired for parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNEW that I'd be able to come here to see some amazing Halloween decor!

    I absolutely adore what you did with those striped stockings and the umbrella. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a fun party! I love the black and purple for a grown up party. You are so creative and crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so fun! and OMG, a guacamole pumpkin!! I'd be stationed there all night!! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such an awesome job. So fun!!!

    Love the purple and black tissue pom poms.

    Can you come decorate my next party? ha, ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally drooling over all that food! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vivian! I've been offline in the blogosphere for a week and I'm sure I missed a lot from your posts. :-(

    I never had Halloween parties so most of the time, I content myself with pictures of friends and stories of their own experiences. The food in the table and the cupcakes made me long for one. My sweet tooth is awakened in the middle of a work day. hahahaha

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, what a cute party! Seriously. I totally want to do that when I have a little family someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME party!!!!! looks like you had so much fun. grown-up parties are THE BEST! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome awesome job! It looks fantastic and it sounds like you didn't spend a lot of money. Love the purple and black.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that barfing pumpkin!!!! YES I so want to do that haha. You look great, looks like a blast! :)

    Ashley
    Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great party I want to throw one like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looked like so much fun! i love all the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a great looking event!
    Love the muffin idea!!
    The stuffed stockings are a cute idea.
    Judging from the looks on the guests faces it was a success!
    Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the black and purple, great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun looking Halloween party! I'm a little bummed that I wasn't invited. ;)
    Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. Next week's theme will be brown. See you then! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Forgot to mention that I'm following you now via GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy Moly!!! I don't believe that you've never planned a Halloween party before, because this is AMAZING. I love the purple - it's so different, and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FUN!

    And now I have a huge craving for guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like y'all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete