November 27, 2011

8

Turning 8 is a very significant time for us. It’s when we, in our church, get baptized. By doing so, we make certain promises that we strive to keep as we grow physically and spiritually. It is also when we become “officially” members of our church.

This is the year when not only my daughter but her friends and most of my friend’s children are getting baptized -Talk about a busy year ahead…-

A little while ago it was my daughter’s best friend’s turn. I love this little girl like she is my own. I get to have her often in my house and we feel so complete when she is there. On her “BIG DAY” she was glowing, her spirit touched us deeply and it continues to do so. She is one SPECIAL little girl full of talents and gifts and without a doubt I know she will go far in life. Her mother is an excellent example of courage, passion and strength in a Christ-centered life. I could not be more proud of having her in my life.

Below a few of my memories from that day.

Some of the highlights were the CTR (choose the right ) cupcakes, little sister singing her first solo to “I’m a child of God” in English and Spanish, and talking pregnancy matters with a sweet friend expecting her first baby girl.

Collages-2

I will share a Thanksgiving and Birthday post with you soon. In the meantime: Did you want to know about me? Go here and ask me! I heart questions.

Happy Sunday Friends!

 


7 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are so cute! And I still remember my 8th birthday - it was such a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful how you consider this little girl like one of your own. She sounds very special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwww. What a precious child. I am glad you are able to spend so much time with her. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Vivian,
    I read your blog. ALOT. And it makes me smile. YOu know what else makes me smile? the sweet comments you leave on MY blog. You are so cute! And I also think your little honey bees are insanely adorable. I want little brown eyed babies.. they sure are cute :)
    Thank you for writing the things you write.
    They make my day.

    xo kelsey rae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet pictures! It's wonderful your daughter has such an amazing friend. My daughter turns 8 in February. I can't believe she's that old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. I still remember my baptism, isn't that wild? Seems like too long ago, I should've forgotten. I'm so excited for my kids to get to this stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I am your newest GFC follower stopping by from Couponing From Florida to Michigan. I would love a follow back.

    couponingfromfl2mi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete