October 12, 2011

Today’s Best Gift

DSCN5302_0043

I was heading to the gym and she asked me not go because she felt she hadn’t seen me enough. I had a very busy day and indeed I was in and out all day while my mother in law took care of my kids.

Later, as I was working on making a Halloween wreath, she told me: “You care more about your crafts than your family.” Me: “Why?” Her: “Because you didn’t give me a kiss when you got home.”

And that was today’s best gift for me: To have the knowledge that I’m still her favorite person to be with and that my kisses are missed. Just one more reminder that all the hard work as a mother DOES pay off.  I guess I must be doing something good.
(…with the exception of eating the 500 calorie ice cream..blah)

Happy Wednesday Friends!

P.S: And in case you missed it, read here, when I posted in my friend’s blog, a pretty inspirational story on how our hearts mended the other day.
 

Linking up here: Living and love out loud, Naptime momtog, Supermom, and And then she snapped

14 comments:

  1. Aww Vivian your daughter is so sweet! Gotta cherish those kind of moments and it's great to have mom-daughter quality time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Great shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so much like you! And how sweet is she! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are both beautiful! And can you believe Crystal knows both of us! Crazy right?!

    btw, I linked more about the scorpion story on my post in case you wanted to hear more about it still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope my babies love me just as much as yours adore you! You're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very sweet! Nothing beats a treat with a lovely little girl! You two are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too sweet. I hope my daughter feels the same, she is only 2 and her daddy is her world *sigh* Nice pic of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reminders like that, as much as it hurts to hear sometimes it is also a gift, because it reminds us to slow down and remember what's important :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful picture! And loved your little story! You can't turn back time when they grow up - so enjoy the moments! (Our first born got married last year to a beautiful gal who was raised Mormon and lives in Las Vegas and they just had our first grandbaby!! ~ And our BABY just got engaged ~ can't believe she will be married next year!) Happy Thursday and WW to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too beautiful Vivian...you and your daughter are beautiful together and I
    Love that you are her favorite person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet story. I just poked around your blog a bit and you have such a beautiful family! Stopping by from FTLOB Comment Love.

    ReplyDelete