October 26, 2011

Proud Parents

  Do you like Manchester or Barcelona?” “Do you like Chelsea or Inter Milan?” “Do you like Brazil or Colombia?” Guess what I’m going to answer on that last one? It’s the only one I know. He knows more of soccer than the whole family (and extended family) together.


Soccer season came to an end this year. His progress is immeasurable. He is very gifted player, very aware of his team and his opponents, the best guard and without a doubt the best passer. Having him join USA Soccer was such a good decision. It proves one more time, to never say never: I had my withholdings against soccer. Fast forward two years later: 

You turned me into a soccer fan my son!

Your soccer fan NUMERO UNO!
 DSC_0013 (1)

With my lack of soccer knowledge and skills, I would come to all the practices and all the games sometimes just too see these silly faces. They made my DAY! 
DSC_0033

But on a more serious note: A whole bunch of Proud Parents looked at this very same picture and got a BIG smile on their faces.
DSC_0032 (1)


13 comments:

  1. As a fellow soccer mom (enjoying our 7th year on the pitch over here!) I know how you feel! Although, I will say that with all 3 Dudes playing this season, one on a travel team, I think I'm spending more time complaining than enjoying this season. I'll have to try and work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A potential soccer star! Lovely pictures. I am a big soccer fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids have never been into soccer and I am the first to admit that I don't have a clue about it! :) The best about kid sports though is watching our children learn, grow, make friends, work hard and have fun! Cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too cute! The last photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's such a handsome little guy. That whole team is cute. I'm glad he's found something he loves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. So cute. Can't wait for Dustyn to play soccer next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun group of kids to watch this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome lil' guy!! Love the silly face picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. he's such a little handsome guy! oh those silly faces are just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete