October 24, 2011

Polka Dot Halloween Cupcakes

When I first saw this on Pinterest, I knew I had to try to make them. I used to be so obsessed with Polka dots, not so much now but I still pause and look at anything Polka dot.

One of the advantages of having your kids off track: turning them into kitchen helpers, which, don’t get me wrong, they gladly do.

IMG_20111020_121143

The recipe? Pretty simple: just follow the instructions of the box. The special part it’s using M&M’s as polka dots. I guarantee you, your child will have a blast sorting the M&M’s in colors (he did all but for this specific project, as you may guess, we only needed brown and orange ones). 

IMG_20111020_121216

I turned the cream cheese frosting into orange color using food color. And before they all got eaten, I managed to snap a picture of what was left. Not bad eh?

IMG_20111020_133321 (1)

After that I don’t think I could’ve been more grateful for having a gym membership…and off to spin I went.

Happy Monday friends!

 

P.S. Don’t forget to come link up tomorrow! Cherishing your Memories in ON!

 

Happily linking up here and here

17 comments:

  1. So cute - I love that you just use M&Ms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are adorable. A fun, cute, simple idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute are these?! They look delicious and any project that involves the family is one worth doing. :) Whatever did we do without Pinterest??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out great! I'm impressed you got a snap shot before they got devoured. I miss my gym membership!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! THis is a very American holiday I have to say-when I lived in Kuwait (as it is very 'Americanised' in lots of ways-you could get lots of treats in the shops. Here in Africa-nada. But-i think I wil make these for the staffroom-they are very cute !

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks delicious...and looks so well made..kudos to you and the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so cute and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so cute and delicious, now I want a cupcake! haha, guess I will make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably just as tasty as they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those cupcakes are too cute and look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm... cupcakes. These are so tempting- too bad I'm on a cupcake fast! (;

    ReplyDelete
  12. the cupcakes look great. i'm actually trying to work on some recipe myself. i'm not great at baking so it's all been errors on my part, ha. loveee these though

    http://dirtontherocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a double take with that picture of K. I thought she was you for a moment. She's getting so big and growing up to be so beautiful (not that that's all that matters).

    Oh, and the cupcakes are darling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete