October 28, 2011

Halloween School Gifts

It’s our school carnival today. So excited!

And this is what I’ve been up to today:

IMG_20111028_104806

Made these Halloween buckets for my kid’s teachers and the office staff. I purchased the buckets at Target for $1 each. Ever been to Big Lots and gone through their international foods isle? Well, they have some unique and tasty treats from Europe, Brazil, etc at a VERY reasonable price. For example, I got a package of 12 dulce de leche wafer cookies for a buck or a can of 10 chocolate hazelnut rolled wafers (the ones you see in the picture) for a buck, too. Anyhow, I thought the teachers would appreciate a little more some international cuisine rather than just your usual candy corn.

IMG_20111028_103519

For the kids, and I hope they don’t hate me, we are giving out Halloween pencils. I got the free printables online. If you choose to do the same you will have no problem finding free Halloween printables; there are hundreds to choose from. I printed them on cardstock paper and with ribbon wrapped them around the pencils. The packages of pencils, containing 10 pencils each,  I got at Target, too for (you guessed it) $1. I have two kids in school, and there are about 25 kids in each of their classes, I knew I had to come up with something inexpensive, unique and useful: you can never have to many pencils!

Like my pencil bouquet?

IMG_20111028_103234 

I will be announcing another giveaway tomorrow! Stay tuned!

Happy Friday Friends!

 

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. What cute gifts! My son's school doesn't celebrate Halloween but these would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I totally want to be the mom that does stuff like this when I have kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your sweet comment! We are having a great time with family :) Looove these buckets and a ncie alternative to just giving mroe candy. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to be like a mom like you...too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute gift ideas! And killer prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at how creative you are! And on a budget! These were a great idea. I love the idea of adding the international sweets instead of typical Halloween candy for the teachers. I'd like that if I was a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun! Maybe someday when I have kids I can do awesome things like this!
    And thanks for coming by my blog! Your story seems so cool! I am definitely following, you know what got me hooked? Your profile blurb about the good, the bad, and the ugly. I would have followed just for that, even without reading the actual blog. Hahaha. Anyway, your blog is awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great deals and cute ideas!! Im sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these- stopping by from the followers fest, i'd love for you to visit my blog and check out the huge giveaway going on- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo, nicole

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute!! I need to do more things like this for my kiddos!!! Thanks for coming by and I am your newest stalker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun!!! Very thoughtful to give a little something to their teachers and the office staff. :) Love the pencils - I'm sure the kids will too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun is this pencil idea? LOVE! Found you through FFF and am so excited I did. Love your blog and am now a follower. Hope you can stop by mine soon! http://www.nataliensor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. stopping by for the blog hop! now following..

    http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you used the international foods. And I think trick-or-treaters will like getting the pencils. They'll already be getting candy everywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are so adorable! So nice of you to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute and fun ideas! Great job. Happy to be your newest follower from the blog hop!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey chick! those look great! so cute and festive... i love! and, as a parent... you know the mommies appreciate the 'no candy' gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower from follow fest! I love your cute treat buckets!!

    Looking forward to what's to come.

    52mantels.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your comment on my blog was so sweet! So happy you found me :) You and your family are just gorgeous! And this Halloween gift idea is just too cute! I looove the buckets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! I love the non-candy "treats!" And I'm sure the teachers will love their little presents! Such great ideas!

    Carla @ Jansen Family Adventures

    ReplyDelete