October 2, 2011

ETERNAL

Exactly a year ago we were vacationing as a family in the beaches of Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. Time sure flies but those joyful memories don’t. They stay within us and if we make an effort to remember them daily, we can find than that LA VIDA ES BELLA (Life is Beautiful).

33643_432788814894_572864894_5063712_4166689_n

Yesterday during General Conference (one of those very special meetings of our church) it was announced the building of a new temple in my hometown of Barranquilla, Colombia.

The temple is the place I find peace and the place where MY FAMILY became ETERNAL.

And now my people and my beloved friends, who have been waiting for this for years, will be able to have FOREVER families, too.  From, as a child meeting in a very small house with a very few others,  to 30+ years later: several churches, many members and now A TEMPLE: What an emotional day it was for me!

 

Linking up with Rebecca at the simple things and life made lovely 

16 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family! What a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! what a great connection and a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! How special :)

    (found you from the simple things)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful family Vivian! Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me follow suit and say: You have such an adorable family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful story!
    Have a lovely week Vivian and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful family. I love the storry. Stop by my blog and tell me What Makes you smile Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "La vida es bella." It sounds even prettier when you say it in another language. :o) You are so right about time flying, but if you can hang onto the happy memories you can relive them over and over again! You have a gorgeous family, Vivian! I'm certain I've told you that before, but I needed to say it again. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great story. I'm glad you had such a special day :-) And that little family of yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so exciting! I love it when they announce the new temples, its so awesome! I cant wait to see how they all look :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome! I didn't realize that was your hometown. I love to see where the Temples are going in. The Church is growing, and that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh that is your hometown? AWESOME!!! :) My city where I am living is getting a temple (within 2 miles of my house!) announced last session :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so excited to have my Barranquilla souvenir when they announced it!

    ReplyDelete