October 6, 2011

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward

* It’s already snowing in UTAH!!!!!!!!!!! Say what?

*I’ve been dieting. I HATE it. I always cheat. Made the mistake of not weighing myself before I started the diet so I don’t know if I’ve lost any weight. On top of everything, I don’t dare trying on any of my pants for the fear of being disappointed and becoming even GRUMPIER! My poor kids…

* I miss working out. Where we live, people LOVE to have children and because there are so many kids, the schools are overcrowded. So the schools hold this year-round-education system to accommodate as many students as possible. My kids go to school in the summer (that’s another story I would not get into) and they are off track now in October (of all months). I can’t afford to pay the gym daycare for ALL of them. I MISS WORKING OUT!

* Not knowing if it’s really true that a certain person wouldn’t get a text back from me where I am confirming to her that I would babysit her children. Her kids never showed up. I have a feeling she just forgot to tell me plans had changed and made up the excuse that she never heard back from me. I ended up missing an hour more of sleep.

* Old boyfriend (s), notice the S, requesting my friendship on facebook. I’m nice but shall I be THAT nice?

Awesome

* Amor’s birthday. I had a sleepless night decorating the house and making him a special gift. Pictures to come soon.

* I get to wear BOOTS today!

* Ever been to a masquerade ball? I’m going to one tomorrow, not even ready, haven’t purchased the masks nor know where to get them, I don’t want just any mask, I want something like this:

235431329_LraqGMcq_cI’m TOTALLY EXCITED, though

* My best friend fell from a long set of stairs bottom down. She broke her tailbone. Don’t get me wrong, this is not a tragedy at all because even though she is in pain, she gets to make the whole town laugh by wearing this:

322717everywhere. she. goes. It’s like seeing one of those bathtub rubber duckies with their floaties but alive. She even has their walk. (HA!)

* My daughter finally has a dancing partner. Hard to find a boy who gets interested in ballroom but this boy is awesome and comes from a line of pro dancers. His parents danced for the best, BYU of course!  I can’t wait to post some videos of those two.

* Off to decorate pumpkins with a pretty cool idea I got you know from where. I don’t know how I survived for so long without Pinterest but anyhow never too late to have an awesome Pinterest-inspired day!

 

BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Link party coming up! It will be held every Tuesday starting October 18th.  Remember this? Reflecting in the past is good, Living in the past- not so much. We will share our stories that made us who we are!

In honor of my 1 year anniversary as a blogger, I am having another amazing giveaway. Stay tuned! Details that same week of Oct 18th!

 

20 comments:

  1. First off, snow already?! Oh my!!

    Second, the masquerade ball sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow for real? Eek not fun. One good thing about the year round school is you can go on vacation when not everyone else and their dog are out of school. I have had a few ex's requests on FB and so far I have accepted but yea felt kind of weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.. I was surprised when I looked out the window and saw snow on my car! Crazy crazy.
    So glad your daughter found a dancing partner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are joking... snow?!?! Does that mean it will be warming up by March where you live? Or, is it just cold most of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're out at the end of October. I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to go to Disneyland, but I haven't been persuasive enough so far. Good luck with your diet. I also get grumpy when my clothes don't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Snow! I think it's like 85 degrees outside right now! But, I have lived in Utah and I do remember being oh, so annoyed at winter trying to come too soon!

    I have a friend who also fell down the stairs recently...only she broke her pelvis! Crazy.

    I've been clicking around your blog and having a great time! Nice work!

    Carla @ Jansen Family Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. I hope your friend is alright. I'm sorry to hear that she got hurt. It must suck recovering. It doesn't snow here in L.A but it's been raining from time to time so the cold weather is definitely here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on the snow bandwagon that sucks! And old boyfriends "friending" you I always go by this rule of thumb would I want my husband "friends" with his ex's. And there is my answer. We have large families here in Amish country PA too. Me and 3 of my kids drove by the local Y which I am still paying our membership for thought boy I need to get in there and work out. As I did not make it in September but none the less have to pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy that is snowing!!

    And I TOTALLY miss working out too! And I only have one kid! sigh! I can't imagine how I will EVER be able to do it with more than one child!

    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower, I would LOVE it if you'd follow me back!

    www.romanianprincess.com

    XoXo Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that i've been wearing boots for the last few days, too. all of your awesomes are pretty awesome. and i think it's funny that your best friend hurting herself is an "awesome" in your book...but i guess you can do that if you're best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Snow! I laugh at your snow!! Bwahahahaha! I so don't miss that! At. All!

    I'm FB friends with all my ex's. Really, makes me feel better about where I am now. Oops, did I say that?

    A ball???? That is awesome!!! Have fun! I wanna see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vivian! We have the same experiences with working out and losing weight attempts. I am such a big cheater hahahaha.
    And regarding the boots, a little confession to make. I haven't worn boots in my entire life. We live in a tropical country where there are only two seasons, so boots are really "no no." But I wish I could wear one someday too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snow? Woah, that is crazy. At least you get to wear boots though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your list! And don't be that nice to the Face-booking boyfriends. It would not be a good thing because (even though it is to just a small extent)it shows that you are still thinking of them. The awkwardness of being their friend is not worth satisfying your curiosity to see how they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ask your old boyfriends where it is you know them from? LOL
    Arh, snow - I'm jealous!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, great list btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Already snowing in Utah?! Say what?!
    But seriously the masquerade ball, I think that makes up for anything awkward. have fun and take lots of pictures.
    new follower,
    Kim
    www.thesasselife.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm trying to lose weight too . . . but had apple pie for breakfast. Hmm, maybe I'm not trying as hard as I could . . .

    My daughter is taking ballroom dance classes at BYU and loves them. I vote for a return to ballroom dancing instead of the wriggle-to-the-music step-less dancing we do now. Would that be more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snow? Crazy, but a great excuse to wear boots! I don't if you could but I heard Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred dvd works really good. I always fail on my diet too, but O well! Have a great weekend and a fun time decorating pumpkins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, snow already?? I've always wanted to go to a masquerade ball...I love that mask! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you back. :)

    ReplyDelete