September 26, 2011

Treat buckets

General Conference is coming up. And as much as we adults enjoy listening to the different inspired messages, the question for our family has always been how to get the kids involved, how to get the kids to listen and participate. I saw this idea on Pinterest (if you don’t know it yet this is my new addiction) and I thought this project would be perfect since I already owned everything it required to be made.

The mini buckets I got from Target for a $1 a year ago. And speaking of Target: Don’t forget to enter my giveaway to a $40 Target gift card here!

I was waiting for something just right to make for these buckets. And it looks like I found its perfect use. You’ll also need letter stickers (you can use vinyl lettering) and ribbon.

000_0009

The Finish Product (and filled with candy):

000_0014

Every time the kids hear any of the words that are on the labels (like scriptures, prophet) they get to pick a candy out of the bucket. I’m sure the candy will keep them pretty motivated.

I decided to use this for a religious purpose. But there are so many uses that can be given to these treat buckets. You can put some Halloween ribbon instead and turn this into a Halloween activity, etc.

Happy Monday friends!

Linking up with making the world cuter, homemaker on a dime and keeping it simple

8 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! What does the last bucket say?

    I totally need to do something like that for Conference. Maybe that'll help the kids sit and listen. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea. And they turned out super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I do the conference Bingo thing and that works pretty well, too. I have no problem bribing with candy if it means they'll listen to the prophet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mini pails are cute but the purpose are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute idea!! We tried conference bingo before, but want to try something different... Thanks for the awesome Idea!!! :) Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Good job on the pails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you can use this idea for many different things. I am a new follower from the Creative Bloggers' Hop. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete