September 19, 2011

New York

On my way back from Puerto Rico, see that post here, we had a VERY LOOOONG layover in New York. Originally, we were going to have close to 8 hours but the flight was delayed due to weather conditions for about 6 more hours, so we got more time than expected. Can’t complain! While most people were stuck in an airport, we had the perk of being able to leave our bags under the care of central bagging, thanks to my friend, who is an employee of the airline we were flying with, and we left to venture in the city.

Needless to say, New York is one of my favorite cities in the world. This is a city that fills my need for diversity, culture, gastronomy and arts. I lived in New York when I was a college student as part of an internship program with NYU. I went back to Utah to get married, and with that, my New York City adventure ended. I make it a priority to go back as often as I’m able to, but even so, one of the “what if’s” I will ALWAYS have, will be: What and How my life would have turned out had I not chosen to go back to Utah? I only know one thing for sure and that is I would have never met Amor and therefore we wouldn’t have the family we have now.

Just a few pictures of a New York day:

On our way there!

328816_10150774972000542_620755541_20539034_1184819_o

We went here specifically for the boneless chicken crackling and we were NOT disappointed. I even brought some home with me. Hope you are not thinking that we were capable of eating EVERYTHING you see on that table (HA!)

311430_10150774977395542_620755541_20539098_2339815_n

Our church's temple it’s located on Columbus Avenue. It looks just like one more building, not the type of “castle” looking structure you are accustomed to seeing in other parts of the world.

308514_10150774977970542_620755541_20539109_668401_n

Lincoln Center: the world’s leading performing arts center and where many of my nights were spent appreciating the many concerts and events. 

P1040057

Columbus Circle

 

P1040061

Any other New York city lovers out there?

 

Miscellany Monday @<br />lowercase letters

14 comments:

  1. I love NYC. Buffalo, NY is about 8 hour drive from the city or one reasonable plane ride. I like to get there about once a year or so. The shows, the people, the food...it's just a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to NYC when I was in elementary school and want to go back badly! It is just so far away! I live in Colorado now! But looks like you had a fun trip and pretty temple! It looks kind of like the Tokyo temple in Japan...very blended in there too! :)


    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. never have been .. but man would i sure love to go ... looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww looks like so much fun. I've never been to NYC, but I intend to one day. It looks like there is so much to do there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i live in NYC but am not a big fan, but i always like to read about why other people like it so maybe one day it will grow on me!! glad you had more time than you expected to explore!!

    have a great day!

    xoxo kim
    wanderlustee.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A taste of New York for me. NY is one of my dream destinations in the world. I have always been fascinated by its beauty from the US films I have watched. I want to visit the place in the future soon.. hopefully..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went for a weekend with some girlfriends in June. So fun. SoHo, Greenwich Village, Broadway, so much food and shopping. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. never been to NY but would love to go but not with my littles. It would probably be too stressful with them.. oh, it just looks like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive never been but would love to go! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. NYC is one of the best places to visit! Great photos...glad you always enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome is that? Getting to use a layover as a day vacation!!! Ya'll were able to do so much in a day, too! I've never been to NYC, but hopefully will one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love NY, my husband was raised in Queens, so we always try and go at least once a year. I wish it wasn't so darn expensive! I would move there in a heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great time! I love NYC

    ReplyDelete
  14. at least your long layover was in a great place!!! and puerto rico??!! i haven't been blogging (or reading) much lately. so glad i've had a chance to catch up on your blog today! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete