September 8, 2011

Me and Nature: NO BUENO

Yes I like nature and the outdoors, but not as much as the CITY. I like the mountains but not as much as the beach. We have this little place tucked away in the mountains. I know I should, I must, make an effort to learn to appreciate it. My husband does and so do my children; they LOVE the cabin. I don’t.

I recognize that I’m in a whole lot of trouble: I forgot my cell phone charger so being without a phone/internet for two days and on top of that, to get there and find that the TV is not working,  gave me major WITHDRAWALS. The kind when you get a rapid heart rate, a sweaty forehead and all your nails get bitten…

I tried OK?! I made it there and back.  I slept most of the time and that was good. In fact, that’s probably what I needed the most. When I wasn’t sleeping I was taking pictures. So here they are:

On our way we always stop at this little diner that has the best shakes ever. My favorites: Cherry and Blueberry

Pictures5

This is it: The cabin

SN852005_1_0049

and there are moose and deer everywhere

SN852012_1_0042

and it’s the perfect place to get musically inspired and compose music from the heart. SN851989_1_0062

And we ride four wheelers and with that I learned that my son has a bigger head than my daughter (he is two years younger than her)....just saying 

SN852023_1_0033

And Amor teaches the mini version of him the real hard labor. And I feel more than lucky for being born in these modern ages…

Collages

 And we take the kids to find the special tree that has our names engraved. When we had our first daughter, only a few weeks after her birth, we brought her here. That was 7 years ago in 2004, and made a mark in nature. How many more times will we get a chance to find this special tree? The tradition lives on. The kids picked their own tree and engraved their names on them, too.

Pictures2

Some things withstand time and age: A girl’s swing

Pictures3

Going over this post DID open my eyes some more. They even got a little tear here and there. I value this time together as a family and I know, as time goes by, I will be full of gratitude that I provided my children with these opportunities. I DO see the beauty around me and thank GOD for all the many blessings and good things that have came my way. However, I can’t help but to feel guilty that I’m done with this place, at least for another year or so. What would you do?

I don’t think a beach girl could ever be transformed...

6 comments:

  1. Camping at the beach is the best! lol!

    That is a beautiful cabin! I would kill for a place like that. You are a lucky gal!! Loved the name carving tradition. :D

    There are just some things that can't be changed. At least you can appreciate what you have and the beauty of the woods. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and nature are no bueno as well!

    I love that story about the tree carving and now your kids names are in there too. So sentimental!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss the mountains. But I can't complain about living by the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable cabin! Glad you all had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! The title of the post is one of my favorite parts! ;) I LOVE your blog! The name, the quote at the top of the page, the design- it's GREAT! I'm glad you stopped by. I'm following you! :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad SOMEONE is using the cabin! I feel like either everyone wants to use it on the same weekend or it just sits there. Gar and I have been wanting to go up, but no time!!!

    ReplyDelete