September 2, 2011

It’s not ALL me

So many of you are so sweet and kind with your words. And you encourage me to be a better mom and praise me for the work I do in raising my children. Although it seems that most of the time I’m doing it ALL alone, I have to recognize that it really isn’t  ALL me.

We owe our little family to the hard work and dedication of this man, aka Amor in this blog.

We all know what is expected of a good father and the list goes on and on. But for me, it is specially, the simple things that my children will remember years down the road and will be the backbone to their upbringing:

the bedtime stories and the goodbye kisses

the loud singing while driving in the car

or the improvised dance sessions around the kitchen table.

Know what else is right up there on my list of simple things?

An afternoon of hoops and flip flops
P6171017 

P6171019 

P6171022 

P6171026

 I’d like to believe that my son, without a doubt, has inherited his father's extraordinary ability for the game, but at this time I’m simply not too concerned about that. Again, I’m just focused on the simple things.

9 comments:

  1. You have a great blog. New follower here.
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw love it ... this reminds me of my hubby and son ... they got game no matter what shoes their wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hubby does bedtime too. I love that. when I looked at that first picture real quickly I thought maybe your husband had on the flipflops that they make for little kids, with the straps on the back. I know, I'm weird. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet. I love the way your hubby and son interact. Having a great role-model for a dad is such a huge thing in a kid's life. I'm so glad that your kiddos have that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until my little ones are playing basketball or football with their lady...they look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you both are wonderful people and parents. Your children are lucky to have both of you in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable pictures! the relationship between a boy and his daddy is just the cutest...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vivian!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment...you are too precious! I loved visiting your blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, hoops in flip flops kind of sounds like a tricky game to play!

    And I think this was the first time I'd ever seen a picture of your husband! You two are so young!

    ReplyDelete