September 30, 2011

Easy 33

Don’t mean to generalize but Latin people tend to be late and plan things at the last minute. My own family and friends are no exception to that. And it drives me nuts! So what do you do when a week before her birthday, your friend calls you asking for your help to decorate, not only her brand new home, but her birthday party?

As tempted as I was to say NO, I couldn’t because in a way it’s therapeutic for me to be challenged and I tend to do better under pressure and how could I not even try to make happy the one person who has been there all along my journey?

DSC06737

So this is what I did (Thanks to Pinterest): An easy 33 with black and white pictures of her, her family and friends and helium balloons in her favorite color floating from the sealing. Not bad, huh?

Family Pics 295 

Birthday girl and hubby

Maritza turned 33 and I’ve known her for about that long. In fact, I can’t even remember not knowing her at all or not having her as part of my life. We both moved to this country together all alone depending solely on the support and companionship of each other. It was TOUGH. We were under 18, new immigrants to a brand new world. Our families joined us a couple of years later so we do have quite a few stories to tell. We are the typical example that sometimes sisters don’t come to you from blood but you find them along your path. I’m so lucky

Downloads8

Some of the other girls at the party

 

**Last chance to enter my Target giveaway today. Go here**

 

Linking up here

11 comments:

  1. cute pics! your a great friend. Way to throw it together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you're a good friend. And that photo number is such a great idea. Gotta love Pinterest!

    Thanks for your comments this week :) For some reason the last one didn't actually post to the blog, but I got an email and thought it was sweet.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And how very very sweet of you to not say "no" . What a wonderful friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and I pinned it :) Am I following you on Pinterest yet??

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Don’t mean to generalize but Latin people tend to be late and plan things at the last minute. My own family and friends are no exception to that. And it drives me nuts!"

    Oh, my God, I know that!!
    Look, I'm the queen of procrastination and you have no idea how incredibly good I am at solving problems , packing my bags, finishing reports at work.. everything in the last minute. And they almost always turn out great anyway.. so why chance??
    (well, maybe except the packing - I always forget something)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :P

    mustbeliberating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job VIvian, I love the pics arranged into a 33. It looks like you all had a blast. You're such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thing you did, it looks great too!! Nice pics of you and your girlfriends and I totally agree that sisters can come to you any which way...friends, they're a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, it looks so cute! What a good idea, I'll probably have to steal that...Seba's birthday is coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You did a great job!! I might have to try that!

    p.s. I started a linky party. You should check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! Whenever you want to come to Oregon and decorate for a party for me, or one of my kids, I'm totally fine with that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun and awesome post..!!:)) Found ya on hop and officially following ya with smiles..I'm Marilyn from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/ and will love for you to stop in sometime...Loving your blog and off to read more :))

    ReplyDelete