August 5, 2011

Guilty

I’m guilty of not showing enough signs of love and affection.

I used to…

And then marriage and life become a bit more complicated than expected. And you get busy. And your children consume every breathing moment you have.  And Amor works long hours making it too much of a priority sometimes. And you blame the coldness of his “white skin” and that he should be more passionate, more warm, more Colombian…

But it’s not about the culture

It’s about taking each other for granted and forgetting…

I’m thankful for reminders like this because they help for a better me, for a better US.

4 comments:

  1. Totally understand you! I just said to my husband "I Have a bone to pick with you, you're not giving me a kiss when you get home from work" because I feel like it's those little things and those litle moments that keep us close and we both need to be conscious to keep them our priority!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jorge and I were talking last night about this same thing. Being the Colombian, he is very affectionate, but me, not so much. I think I just use all my hugs and kisses on the baby and leave none left for him :(

    That video was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that most relationships you just need to keep the fire alive. Just because you're happy with your life doesn't mean that the romance must go. It's definitely a challenge, but I think that in the end that extra effort is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!! So very true, I know in the beginning when my son was born it was somewhat hard to show each other affection, we didn't forget or anything but just got consumed with being parents for the first time and our new bundle of joy!

    But we must never forget to show each other how much we love each other, it's the simple things in life - like a spontaneous I love you or little things that are worth so much more!!
    My husband will bring home some ferrer rocher - that he knows I love and I will get him some dark chocolate! Or just sitting down next to each other while our feet intertwine :)

    Have a great weekend sweetie :)

    P.S. I love the video so cute!

    ReplyDelete