August 16, 2011

BLUE Birthday

A few weeks ago we celebrated my daughter’s 7th birthday.

As a birthday tradition for all of my children, she woke up to the entrance of her room being decorated like this:
(Crepe paper and tissue flowers hanging from her door frame)
P8035335

She invited her girlfriends and had them all wear blue for the party. After a dinner and cake and ice cream, we headed to the movies to see the Smurfs. Hence the reason why we were in blue mode.
We filled two whole rows at the theater but one of the funniest parts was seeing people’s reactions as I walked into the movie theater with 11 excited and very lively little girls all matching the same colors. Some strangers even approached me to call me “the cool mom,” etc. Some others guessed almost immediately what movie we were there to see. Overall, we all ( I must include me as well) had a VERY FUN time.

The DECOR

The cake was a Bundt cake from another one of my new discoveries in town. They even sell single servings or mini Bundt cakes. (Seriously, why do I even bother dieting??)
We personally designed and made the cake topper specially for the birthday girl.

P8035258

P8035266

Glad it’s summer and I was able to find blue flowers. The blue punch was a big HIT! If you want to know how to make it blue, ask me.
P8035265

Ceiling drop down arrangements. Remember those from here
P8035267
Familia
With her Great Grandpa, a man with such a history and legacy. We are blessed to still have him. One true inspiration of what a life well lived means.
P8035252
P8035261  P8035287-1

P8035292

 The Girls
P8035306

P8035307


P8035302
 P8035274 P8035291

Cake time
(Notice baby always in the front row ready to blow, as usual, someone else’s candles)
P8035275


P8035281


And they all decided that it was better to spend their time at the party in the back of the truck…
P8035315

At the movies
P8035318 P8035323

Even some dancing was involved at the end … 
P8035325

A night of friendships and celebration.

One of those happily BLUE birthday parties.
P8035334

11 comments:

  1. Everything is just so darn cute! I love how you decorated her room for her birthday .. so very sweet :) Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...i love themed birthday parties..that looked like a total fun birthday she will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one lucky girl. Looks and sounds like an amazing party. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool party Vivian. I bet the girls loved being taken to the movies like that. You really spoiled them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute. I will be a mom like you one day. Your little girl is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many gorgeous decorations for your gorgeous little girl. She must have been THRILLED to see the decor hanging from her door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a Nothing Bundt Cakes here and it is amazingly delicious.

    What a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vivian! Blue is my favorite color so I really enjoyed this post. And indeed I agree, you are a super cool mom! You daughter will remember this forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful party. Looked like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girls are the cutest! I would like to have that birthday party :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww.. Happy Birthday to your cute daughter! What a great theme and beautiful birthday party! You can see in their little faces how much fun they had!

    xo

    ReplyDelete