July 21, 2011

Hasn’t been easy

No, I’m not going to pretend and say my mother and I have the best relationship. We are so different but yet so alike, a reason why it hasn’t been easy. We have gone through a lot and because of it we’ve learned to be quick at forgiving, at exercising patience and loving no matter what. It’s taking me my whole life to understand that there is no need for a perfect mother for what matters is that she is perfect for me. And that to my children she is ABUELA and life is perfect when there is an Abuela by your side.

697234366212

P.S. Don’t you ever wonder how it all played in heaven how we chose our earthly families? Or did we not choose them? Was it just simply a luck of the draw? And how did we end up being born in the places we did? Some interesting truths we may someday know.

8 comments:

  1. Where's the rest of the bday party pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.... I have wondered! Great picture with your mom! I totally know what you mean. I have gotten very good at just letting my mom be herself even if I completely disagree with her thoughts and actions or lack of and sometimes learning to bite my tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely relate with your relationship with your mother. my mom and i are so different yet so alike and at the same time i feel so grateful for her to be by my side. i'm sure she's a wonderful grandmother to your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Mom relationships are so unique no matter how much you are or are not alike. I agree that seeing your mom with your kids is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to think it was all divinely chosen for us. Like, I was born in TN to my certain mom and dad so that the rest of the events in my life could play out like they're supposed to. I could be totally wrong, but I like thinking families are made with greater purposes in mind than just random assignment. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet it has really changed your relationship with your mom seeing her be abuela to your children. That's beautiful

    ReplyDelete