July 3, 2011

A French Themed Baby Shower

And it was time to celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby Giovanny. This is the baby shower I did for my friend Diana.

The personalized silverware labels were designed by this super cool lady whom I adore! Once designed I printed them in plain white computer paper, cut them and taped them around the napkins and silverware.

IMG4566

I handmade the the “Bon Appetit” banner with scrapbook paper and ribbon.

IMG4595

The food: French Menu

IMG4594

IMG4632

I found some silver plates at the thrift store and spray painted the top part with chalk paint. Then, with chalk, wrote the name of the main dishes on them. I also made some smaller labels with the remaining scrapbook paper from the banner, which I attached with safety pins to the tablecloth to designate the names of other side dishes.

IMG4612

IMG4627 

IMG4629

The cake, a typical example of what happens when not securely fastened in the car :(

I gift wrapped a few empty boxes and placed them along the room. This one showcases my own daughter’s Eiffel tower. (which I “borrowed” from her room)

IMG4624

Made these semi- giant tissue flowers that I hung from the ceiling fan

IMG4601

A friend had a few canvas with pictures of Paris and its sights, I displayed those and a few umbrellas around the room as well.

 IMG4602  IMG4626

The favors: The jars I got at IKEA (package of 4 for 3.99). The cool lady also made the favor’s tags which I also printed on my computer and modpodged to the jars; filled them with marshmallows and wrapped the polka dot ribbon around them. Didn’t they turn out just so darling?

IMG4597-1

IMG4922-1

Name tags also made with scrapbook and cardstock paper

IMG4639

IMG4640 

 IMG4648

Diana and ME!

IMG4642-1

Her Diego

IMG4900

 
I made this mustaches with felt and then it was time to play with the camera

IMG4694

IMG4678 IMG4690

We played some fun games, too

IMG4806-1

IMG4765

I love France. Love Paris. I want to go back there again someday. I’m so happy I got to do this shower inspired by one of my favorite cities in the world. Au Revoir!

 

 

Linking up here

15 comments:

  1. It turned out really cute. Gosh, you should have been in charge of my baby shower. P.S. I like your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything looks so pretty!!! Did you make the cake yourself as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girly, you def. got some style don't cha? Beautiful party. I bet your friend was beyond thrilled to have you plan her baby shower. And by the way, you've got a gorgeous family :-)

    PS: Mira chica, gracias por visitarme (how is that for my spanish? haha) ;-) You've got yourself a new follower. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute!

    -Viv
    http://vivrekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love the little takeaways and the cake just got some personality on the ride over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool!!! You did amazing!!! So fun!! I would love if you link it to the linky party!! You can win the post featured on my side bar for 1 month!
    Have a super week!
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2011/07/french-obsession-party-16-and-3-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you did a great job! i wish my baby shower was themed like this. unfortunately, we were all outdoors in the heat. this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Vivian! Another great party decorating job! I love the party favors in those cute bottles and the personalized silvewares too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shower looked absolutely gorgeous, sophisticated and classy. I adore the theme. You are so creative! I love what you did with the silver platters and chalk paint, and the party favours are sweet. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this turned out adorable!! Great colors, great design!! i am impressed!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all! You are a master decorator and party thrower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love every bit of this party! Paris is my favorite far-away place...i can't wait to get back there someday. i'm a new follower! :)

    -- Hilary

    http://daydreambeliever-hilary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. French Themed Baby Shower! It has got all my attention. I loved each and everything in this party. I have attended various baby shower events at domestic venues in Atlanta but this one is quite unique, fun and beautiful. I really loved all these party arrangements.

    ReplyDelete