July 2, 2011

A citizen

America is much more than a geographical fact.  It is a political and moral fact - the first community in which men set out in principle to institutionalize freedom, responsible government, and human equality.  ~Adlai Stevenson

P1001991_1_233-1

  Five years ago I cried my eyes out as I became a citizen of this nation. It was a long road for me to finally get there. There were many sacrifices made in both time and resources but yet a lot of JOY. I believe in this great nation. For that and for my freedom, the fourth of July holiday has a special meaning in my heart.

Happy 4th to all of you!

 

 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your photos!! And thanks SO much for stopping by!! Following ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shared it beautifully. Congratulations on your 5th! Thanks for sharing on Ni Hao Yall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very touching post! One that I know very close because of my loved ones!! Congratulations on this your 5th year!!

    Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes :)

    Have a very Happy 4th of July

    xo Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm a naturalized citizen too (last year). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a short post, but so much meaning I actually got a little lump in my throat. Happy Fourth of July to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by & commenting on my Mennonites hiking photo. I agree w/ the commenter above... I got a little lump in my throat reading your post & seeing such joy & happiness in that photo. Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adlai Stevenson??? You definitely switched sides. :) But this is a great post, I remember the day Jorge became a citizen, the feeling in the room of all those people taking the Oath. Pretty powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a touching post. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful. Congratulations again to you.

    Love this touching picture.

    Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete