June 9, 2011

Sweaters in June

P6081000

    There is this park in my neighborhood with colorful and tall sprinklers throwing water in all directions and intensity. It’s called the splash park. We have spent a lot of times in the past here. Today we took baby there. It wasn’t her first time at such place but last time it was summer in Utah, she was more baby and obviously wouldn’t remember a thing or two about this place. Summer took too long to get here this year.  But can I really say FINALLY???

P6080999

It’s still looking good, nice sunshine, small breeze and the girls do what they like to do best in front of the camera.

P6081001

And then the rest of the crew joins them minus baby who decided to go back to get splashed.

P6080998

But of course it’s Utah and the weather here is plain dumb. A couple hours after the splash park, I found myself not being able to watch my own son’s baseball game and finding refuge inside my car with my camera and asking myself: Are we really wearing sweaters in June??? See the girls in the picture below…

P6081002-1

I’m complaining that it’s cold. I’m complaining that I want more summer. But I’m definitely not complaining that the sun came out. And, even if it was for a little while, it was wonderful to me!

 

Linking up here and here

13 comments:

  1. I live in the midwest, and not in Utah, but oh I totally know what you mean! Monday it was 101 + degrees and a baseball coach from the team my son was playing against passed out on the field. Last nights game, we had blankets! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's pretty crazy!!! It's stifling hot here. Is this normal for Utah in June???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics, especially of Baby. Did you get a new camera??

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! i cannot even imagine wearing a sweater in june. we live in louisville, and people complain about it being miserably hot here... but i'm originally from houston... and i keep thinking, "you people have no idea." so glad you joined in this week... and so thankful for the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had a great time! Cute pictures of your girls! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy weather this year! Great pictures though! I'm pretty sure I've been to that park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that splash pad! Cutest kids on the block!!! Now, about that weather......Are you kidding me??? It's 104 here!! I'll take your last few cool days and you can have my stifling hot here, but it's a dry heat. Wanna trade? Pretty Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that last outside photo! Those clouds are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the weather in TX is always changing too! Your girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very like scottish weather-4 seasons in one day. I'll miss the weather here in Uganda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful family! it's so nice to "meet" you ;) new follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. We, too, are wearing sweaters in June!

    Looks like y'all had a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shut up!!!!! sweaters in June!? CRAZY!!! You have such a beautiful family! Thank you soo much fro linking up with us! We love having you!!! I hope you come back this week!!! <3

    ReplyDelete