June 28, 2011

Rewards

I once read something said by Margaret Thatcher and it went something like this  “I do not know anyone who has gotten to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but it will get you pretty near.”

In this family we work hard so that we can play hard. This spring my little player was very busy with baseball and soccer. We attended many games throughout the week, even in very cold and windy conditions and as I froze my insides I only kept wondering on how since a young age we teach this little ones to focus, to be strong to be persistent, to be the best you can regardless of all external circumstances.

At every game I noticed and marveled myself at Toto’s improvement with his technique and abilities. He is better. He too makes me PROUD.

We celebrated the end of  his hard work with a soccer and baseball party where  trophies were handed out, food was served and much fun was partaken.

Soccer Trophy

P6141021

Soccer Buddies

P6141024

Candy Cane Lightning hand shake

P6141027

Look at some of the stuff we ate…YUMMM

P6141028

P6141029

With baseball coach and trophy

P6151081

6 comments:

  1. I think sports are a great way to teach kids responsibility! Way to go to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how neat! I know you must be so proud...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching my daughter and son play sports. It is fun watching them learn and grow, not just physically, but mentally and socially too. Cute pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I def dont want to rush time, but I do look forward to watchng L play sports!! Thank you sooo much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos, I love the soccer ball cake.
    New follower from High on life Thursday.
    Hope you follow back.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que bueno ese uniforme. Se parece al del Junior!

    ReplyDelete