June 20, 2011

A Pirate Party

A while back I decorated my friend’s daughter’s sweet 16 birthday party. The theme was Pirates and although I didn’t get a chance to take many pictures, here are a few.

Center pieces: I got the candle holders from the DI (thrift store) @ .50 each. The candles I bough at the DI as well for .25 each and spray painted them with gold glitter.  The bead necklaces and coins you can get from the dollar store  or any party place for very cheap.

eden 1st bday 208

Favors:  I trimmed pieces of black cardstock paper with scrapbook scissors. Glued them to the top of a brown lunch bag. Fold the top forward. Make two holes with hole punch and tighten with twine.

eden 1st bday 203-1

Food table decor. Bought this candle holder at the DI, too

eden 1st bday 212-1

Cake

eden 1st bday 211-1

Props and backdrop for pictures of the guests: The storage chest trunk is actually from my daughter’s French inspired room. I got it at a yard a long time ago for FREE! As far as the burlap bags, we filled those with old clothes to give them the sense of fullness. I think, by now you already know, that I own several of those after one of those great finds at the thrift store and little by little I’ve also been turning them into these or these and even a few wreaths, etc.

eden 1st bday 200

In between dancing, limbo games and eating some delicious foods, kids, teens and adults we ALL had a blast!

eden 1st bday 198-1

eden 1st bday 221-1

eden 1st bday 220-1

eden 1st bday 195-1

eden 1st bday 215-1

15 comments:

  1. LOVE the details and pictures!!! Everything is fabulous!! Thank you for sharing!!

    We host a linky party "Strut Your Stuff Sunday!" We would love for you to link up! I would appreciate it!! :)))

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun pirate party.. arrgh! Love the cake and that it is for a little girl.. so cute! Hope you will share your party fun with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/06/pink-hippo-party-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Vivian! I love the treasure chest and the table setting. Aside from the party decorations, I'm sure everyone had fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Pirate party, that is awesome! You did a great job decorating!! Looks like all had fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that?! Oh I love it... you did an AMAZING job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic theme as usual! I'm planning my baby girl's 1st bday now and am taking a page or two from ur crafty theme party ideas! Keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get out of here with your awesome parties!!! The DI is a decorator's best friend when you're in no way prepared to dump a load of cash. I love all of these ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to use them in the future with my own kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun party! very nice!

    via The Simple Things

    Light Trigger: OUR ENTRY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivian, I know that look on your face in the last picture. Were you dancing Danza Kuduro all naughty again?! j/k ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an awesome job!! Your so talented!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is awesome. AWESOME! Everything looks beautiful and people look like they are having a blast. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great party! I love your decorations! I think it's amazing you got most of you things at the dollar store of DI. I like how you shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an awesome job on the decorating! I LOVE that pirate cake!
    Have a great week,
    J~

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've never been to a themed party this definitely looks like fun. i should probably do something similar for my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet idea! Your decorating is amazing and gave the pirate theme a lot of class!

    ReplyDelete