June 13, 2011

Cheesecake Factory Recipe

Never pay $5 for a slice of cheesecake again!

Cheesecake
Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup melted margarine (I used butter)

Filling:
4 8oz. packages of cream cheese (I did half regular, half reduced-fat)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
5 eggs

Glaze:
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp. sugar

Topping:
Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place a large pan or oven-safe skillet (that the cheesecake pan will fit inside) filled with about a half an inch of water into the oven while it preheats. This will be your water bath. Combine 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into a medium bowl. Mix in 1/3 cup melted margarine. Press the crumb into a 9-inch pan.  Put the crust in your freezer until the filling is done. Use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese with sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Blend mixture for a couple of minutes or until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl and then add them to the cream cheese mixture. Blend the mixture just enough to integrate the eggs. Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the filling into it. Carefully place the cheesecake into the preheated water bath. Bake for 12 minutes at 475 degrees, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake turns a light brown or tan color. Remove the cheesecake from the oven to cool. When the cheesecake has cooled, combine a half a cup of sour cream and 2 teaspoons sugar. Spread the sweetened sour cream over the entire top surface of the cheesecake. Cover and chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Apply Cool-Whip and serve.

Recipe Courtesy of:

ABC News

12 comments:

  1. YUM!!! Cheesecake is my favorite! It's a lot cheaper to make it then to buy one slice for $8.00 at Cheesecake Factory. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEAVEN ON A PLATE... I WILL HAVE TO MAKE THIS FOR SURE. YUM! winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheesecake is my #1 (actually made it this past weekend for dinner with friends). I must try this recipe! :) YumMMEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh my gosh, I want a bite of this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eekkk!! That does look delicious :)

    P.S. Black Eyed Peas concert was cancelled due to weather and thunderstorms - funny thing is it wasn't bad at all! Just some light rain!!
    The only reason I kept my cool was because my son was with me - hahaha!! Otherwise I would been a crazy mad lady lol!!

    Hope you had a great Monday!

    xo Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! this looks great! I am visiting from the hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! thanks so much!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello best dessert ever!!!! I LOVE picking out a slice at the Cheesecake Factory, but you're right... $5 is a ridiculous price to pay when you can just make a whole cheesecake at home! I'm gonna have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh! I worked at CCF for 7 years and never go tired of their food or dessert. Yours looks perfect and delicious! I'm going to have to make it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree! I made my own version of the red velvet cheesecake from the cheesecake factory after trying theirs. I was like this is good, but I could make one that is SO much better then this! haha and I DID! &it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks sooo good! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog!! Its so cute!!! I am your newest follower!!! i would love to feature you on my blog. so let me know!! :) So if you would like to go and check out my blog and follow me too! That would make my day!!! :) I am so excited to start blogging and share my ideas on food, crafts, and mineral make-up. I will also be doing giveaways on stuff, like mineral make-up. So look out for it!
    Thanks!
    -Brooke
    For-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete