May 7, 2011

A mother

mamiyotabernaculo

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.

I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.

I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.

I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.

I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.

I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley

 

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO MY MOTHER AND TO ALL OF YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS OF THE WORLD

april2009 034

 
 
Sunday Snapshot
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Vivian! Happy Mother's Day to you! Your love and patience as a mother is priceless. You deserved to be honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Vivian, hope you enjoyed your special day!

    ReplyDelete