May 18, 2011

For the LOVE of Chalk Board Paint

I do not have a crafty bone in my body. I just have no vision for creating homemade décor. I did happen upon this chalkboard spray paint a few months ago and thought I could make my own kitchen chalkboard with it.

DSC_0346

DSC_0351

And with the remaining paint, I made these…

herbs

And this…

Orchid 1

And this…

DSC_0541
(the beautiful model was not made with the paint, she is the product of my older brother.)

The kitchen chalkboard is my favorite creation. We write little messages on all the holidays and sweet inspirational quotes. It never is blank.

Vday chalkboard message
DSC_0628


KITCHEN CHALK BOARD:

8*10 frame (I used the boxed Ribba frame Ikea sells)
Primer
Chalk board spray paint
Picture easel

Take the glass out of the frame and paint a coat of primer on it. Allow it to dry and then evenly spray 2-3 coats of the chalk board paint, letting each coat to dry for up to 12 hours in between.

TERRACOTTA POTS

Terracotta pots
Duct tape
Chalk board Paint

Tape the rim of the pots with the duct tape and spray 2-3 coats of the chalk board paint onto the pots. Allow to dry evenly before you attempt to peel the duct tape off. This also works if you want to do just a chalk label as seen in the Orchid planter. I recommend you also tape a plastic bag around the rest of the planter to protect it from getting the paint on it.

Jodi


3 comments:

  1. That chalkboard paint is addictive isn't it? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a lie, I think of you as being so crafty and creative after seeing all the awesome stuff you post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love chalk board paint and what you did with it!! I am a new follower, I am visiting from Somewhat Simple and I would LOVE if you would kindly link up this awesome idea to my very FIRST Delicately Constructed Fridays; a crafty linky party that starts tomorrow!
    Please :)
    Have a great day!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete