May 6, 2011

Fairy Wings

eden 1st bday 041

I confess when I first saw him wearing wings my jaw dropped.

I confess I could have fainted when I noticed they were actually PINK wings.

I confess the whole boy thing wearing wings doesn’t go with me that well.

I confess his very outspoken, sometimes even bossy, oldest sister had everything to do with it.

eden 1st bday 040

I confess it took me sometime to figure it out: His imagination is the window to his world and it gives him freedom. 

I confess I wish I could be a child again when I dreamed of flying and turning small rocks into bright white pearls.

I confess I don’t want my kids to grow up. But because I know they will, I want them to know they can dream of becoming whatever they want to be.

I confess I will always encourage fantasy play whether it involves pink wings or dragon tales. 

eden 1st bday 042

I confess the most joyous part of my day is when I see these two doing what only they know how to do best.

 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Kids do remind us of the imagination we seem to lose as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the pink wings- cause one day- he will not let himself play with things cause it won't be proper:)
    I have an almost 9 yr old (gasp) and it makes me sad to watch her get older and become less of my "little girl"

    Linked up with you through Confessions:)
    Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Brenna, I love it when little boys play dress up and little girls dig in the dirt with trucks. It's so pure and innocent, imagination at work!

    That last picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. What a great moment to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of my boys have put on their sister's tutu's. I sigh and take a picture. Great blackmail for later in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny. I had all my brothers playing Barbies with me as a child. Ahhh... life as the little princess of the house. :)

    P.S. I'm glad you are playing with Picasa now. It's a cool program.

    ReplyDelete