May 19, 2011

Braised Balsamic Chicken

If you have never been to Pioneer Woman’s cooking website, it is a must. I love how she gives a visual of all the steps in her recipes. For people like me who have trouble following written directions, it is a nice touch. And of course, her pictures are so pretty. So this is my first (and last) attempt to blog a recipe Pioneer Woman-style. I don’t know how she does it without finishing with her camera covered in grease.



2-4 chicken breasts
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (love this stuff!)
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried thyme



Begin by tenderizing your chicken breasts…



Then in a skillet, sauté the chopped onion in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent…



Then add: chicken, tomatoes (drain the juice), and all the spices…



Cover with foil and cook for 10 minutes…



Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes…



While the chicken is cooking, you then proceed to take every pan out of the cupboard and set them in the middle of the kitchen…



And give really sweet smiles so Mommy cannot get mad at you…



I couldn’t have done this without the help of my trusty sous-chef Sebastian.

Sebi Helping Cook 2

Enjoy! This is one of our favorite recipes!

Finished balsamic chicken

Courtesy of All Recipes (I changed up the ingredients just a tad).

Jodi




5 comments:

  1. MMM... I love balsamic vinegar also and am always trying to think of more ways to use it! This looks amazing! And... I have a tiny spot of yellow paint down inside the outer portion of my camera lens because of trying to photo and create at the same time, so I get what you mean on the frustrations! Thanks for sharing hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! It looks SO SO delicious! I'm seriously considering making this for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the last pictures! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love PW's website and I totally agree with you about the difficulty of taking pictures while cooking! Even with my husband and I both I cannot seem to capture every step and not get something on my camera! This chicken looks delicious! I will be trying it soon! We cook chicken a lot so I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://lifeofasoutherncouple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love this recipe! I have made this a few times. Have you ever prepared it in a crock pot??

    ReplyDelete