April 22, 2011

Sushi anyone? NOT ME!

I confess that unless I receive some sort of mental counseling, I have quit sushi for as long as I live.

You see, there is this place downtown, very hip place- 5 star rating and all- where the sushi is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.
DSCN2868
**Here we are, about to embark on our adventure, clueless of what was about to come…**

So, besides its sushi, the best about this place is that for $20 per person you can opt for the all you can eat sushi (and this includes even the specialty sushi, etc). Are you kidding me???? $20 for sushi????

I confess we REALLY wanted our $20 worth of the best sushi in town.

The first batch arrived and it was SO GOOD, and it looked something like this: 
DSCN2870

and we were having so much fun!
DSCN2883

and we were proud of our “expertise” at handling chopsticks
DSCN2877
And because this was the “best sushi we had ever had,” we had to have more and we kept ordering…and ordering.

And I confess that even with a warning from the waiter, we ordered even more.

And the following batches looked something like this:
DSCN2880

And then you realize when your pants start becoming tighter, your top starts feeling more like a girdle and your face can’t produce a smile anymore (see below), that it’s time to stop.
DSCN2872
The problem is that at this not- so- awesome- place- anymore, you can’t leave any sushi behind or you get charged full price for whatever you don’t eat.

Here is when all you can think about is how to find places to hide all that sushi, like inside your napkin, or under your placemat,etc. You even think about making floats out of it with your drinks. …but because our brains were not the first ones to think of that before, you  notice there are cameras all around you…watching you! Your plans change and you, being the never give up kind of gal, stick with it.

After 3 and half hours (the longest I’ve ever been in a restaurant) and many trips to and from the restroom our tray looked more like this:
205738_10150135747199930_605699929_6530625_6644800_n

and our faces had transformed into something like this:
193552_10150489867930542_620755541_17874866_48116_o
I confess we resorted to using the look of mercy and that forgiveness was asked for the “few” pieces left. And FREE we were!

I confess that with that freedom came my anxiety to burn all those calories on the dance floor immediately and my decision to NEVER eat sushi again.

P.S I confess I still dream sushi…and it sucks!!



Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. WOW you guys are beautiful!! And I was totally thinking ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI FOR 20$ HECKS YESS! I'd be ordering all that too! But then having to eat it ALL...or pay full price..that's a lame rule...who ever came up with that should get fired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love me some sushi!! LOVE!! all of that looks amazing and for $20 i fear i would have over indulged a little too!

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vivian! Nothing else beats the company of girlfriends and good food! I also love eating out with my friends. You all look beautiful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That much sushi can't be good for ANYONE. Although for me personaly, any sushi isn't good for me, haha

    Still looks like it was a fun time out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What if you gave it some time and the initial trauma would wear off? I could never quit sushi for good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living where I do, I just don't trust sushi, we're a long ways from the ocean.
    What you had looked good, but after that much of anything it would look less so.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that sushi makes me want some. And that is a stinkin' good deal on all you can eat sushi! Hopefully you'll get the craving for it again...in about a year or so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would actually be really good for me. It could cure me of my sushi addiction!

    By the way, you and your friends look beautiful for your night out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I feel your pain because that rice will sneak up on you, I wish we had an all you can eat sushi place that was decent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love the progression of pictures. :) Sorry you were all miserable by the end of the night.

    Thanks for joining us at the I ♥ Blogging Hop! I'm a new follower of your blog. I'd appreciate it if you'd visit A Helicopter Mom and follow me back.

    Thanks!
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I have been there! We had a sushi place that was all you can eat super close to my college. We would pack away a crap ton of sushi on break between classes then attempt to study in a severe sushi coma. Now I prefer to just have a few rolls. It's more expensive but I don't feel like dying afterwards.
    PS I had sushi for dinner tonight with my husband and we ordered too much. Thankfully we walked there so we walked off most it by the time we got home. Sushi is ah-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a big sushi fan, but I've been in that position where I keep ordering food and feel like I'm going to die when I'm done. My eyes have always been a bit too big for my stomach.

    I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. this post made me laugh! i love the look of misery on your faces in the last few pictures. and how sad that you can't eat sushi anymore. what a shame!
    thanks for your comment on my blog! it made my day! i love your blog too! i will be coming back for more. you're too cute!
    i'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete