April 19, 2011

A polka dot baby shower

My friend Tere is about to have her baby boy and her desire was to have a shower themed with a little bit of polka dot, as well as with the colors blue, brown and white. So with all our love, off to work we went:

Inspired by my last party, I made these ceiling arrangements by making the circles out of polka dot and blue scrapbook paper with the Cricut and sandwiching clear fishing line in between two circles of the same pattern.


The love notes and favor table


I bought this cute blue and white polka dot favor boxes at the dollar store: $1 for a packet containing 8. We filled them with blue, white and brown M&M’s. The tags were done with Photoshop and printed on white Cardstock paper.


Gift basket with blue Tulle. I purchased about 5 yards of Tulle (both blue and brown) when it was on sale at Hobby Lobby for .77/yard (CHEAP!!) and used it, not only here, but also to tie the tablecloths to the legs of the tables, or to wrap it around serving dishes, trays, etc.


I made two of these banners. One for the entryway table above and one for the food table below:


Made four triangles out of blue cardstock, four circles with the Cricut out of polka dot scrapbook paper and the letters for BABY also with the Cricut our of white cardstock. I’m using blue twine string to connect the triangles together.


Loving the lanterns hanging from the Chandelier with polka dot ribbon

And only a small sample of the tastiest food: Cupcakes by this awesome lady, vegetable and cream cheese pizza, chicken and cheese empanadas (to die for!!) and much more.


What a great party and of course what a great time to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a very blessed little boy.










12 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a baby shower! Love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love polka dots and all of the colors. SO CUTE! blues and browns. so fun.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiga, cute decoration, and the food looks delicious. Que lastima que me perdi la fiesta. Todo se ve espectacular!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me pregunto que decoracion vas a usar para mi babyshower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute shower, and the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vivian! I discovered your blog from Paisley Passion. I am a participant 43.

    Baby showers is not a common tradition in my country. Its only now that its beginning to be an in thing to us. The baptism and birthdays are the common events here.

    I love everything about the baby shower. The decors are great. The food looked all delicious too. I'm beginning to get hungry now. hahahaha

    I'm beginning to like your blog. I hope we could develop a connection by following each others blogs. That would really make me happy!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you! http://www.peacefuldivas.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first visit to your blog- it is so cute! I love your background :) I'm a new follower and hope to visit more often now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my that looks like one heck of a party! Let's be friends when I have babies. Then you can throw me a shower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So beautiful! What great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous party! LOVE all the decor, and favors, and the food looks DIVINE! You should invite me next time. Just because. :)

    ReplyDelete