April 6, 2011

Newspaper Easter Eggs

I saw this idea somewhere (sorry I can’t remember otherwise I promise I would link) and like her, with the exception of the glitter ones, I dislike plastic eggs. But I have so many at home from previous Easters that I decided I would be turning them into newspaper eggs. And I LOVE the way they turned out!
This is all you need. Although regular glue is pictured here, use modpodge instead; it glues stronger and faster.

Modpodge newspaper strings to eggs

And this is how they turn out. CUTE, huh? It doesn’t matter how hard you try, you will not get a flat smooth look, but I like it that way anyway. Afterwards I decided to tie some jute twine around them.


and my lovely porch table is ready. Come back since I will be doing a tutorial soon on my the fabric egg pictured on the side.



4 comments:

  1. Those are super cute! We, get rid of all our plastic eggs. The kids love to play with them and end up breaking almost all of them, so we just toss them.
    But that is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look soooooo much better than the cheesy plastic eggs. I mean, I'm not going to lie, of course I loved the plastic eggs as a kid, but seeing something different is totally refreshing, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the eggs, very cute. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are so cute and classy! thanks for stopping by my blog and adding your advice about my home hunt. it's great to hear that it's been such a wonderful investment for you, and i hope that it will be the same for us some day!

    ReplyDelete