April 5, 2011

Strawberry Heaven

I LOVE food. Did you get that? I LOVE food. I don’t necessarily love as much the process of making it, but the final result is what keeps me motivated to spend even countless hours in the kitchen.
So I got invited to a cooking show and this to me is the most perfect venue to taste some great food without having to worry about doing any of the work.
Most of the dishes we had that day were inspired by Pampered Chef, even the following recipe that I’ve been making for years. This Berry Heaven pastry is perfect for parties or just for simple family dinner because it’s so easy to make and very tasty. ENJOY!

You will need:
1 pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets,thawed
2 lemons
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 qt. strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pint blueberries
Powder Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold pastry sheet onto lightly floured baking pan. (I use a baking stone). Prick entire dough as it will rise to high if you don’t. Let it bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Meanwhile, zest lemons to measure 1 Tbsp zest; juice to measure 1/4 cup juice. In a bowl whisk condensed milk, zest and juice. Gently fold in whipped topping.

3. Add the filling. (Doesn’t she just look in heaven while making this? I wish I could make that face when I’m cooking)

4. Arrange the strawberries over filling. You can use other type of berries or a mix of them. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.

And I had to get a picture of us and how much fun we have eating, including the lime and pound cake truffle below. (Recipe soon to be posted)



So after all those sweets, I was so ready to ZUMBA! Sweeeeeet!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, both of those look delicious. We love berries at our house. Have a great time at your cooking show--how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful. I bet it would be fun to play around with for the 4th of July, you could make a flag out of the blueberries and strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...it looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just became a follower of your blog! :) That looks so yummy! Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete