March 6, 2011

Nutella Brownies

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought I was going to be saying this: I LOVE early morning church! I am so not a morning person, one of my favorite things is to sleep in, my creativity gets its biggest boost in the night hours, there is something special about reading books in the moonlight, etc. But when I have a whole afternoon (and night) to create, cook, and mingle with loved ones in a non-rush and peaceful atmosphere, I might as well say I’ve been converted to a morning STAR!

So the NUTELLA addiction continues. Good thing I ZUMBA or I don’t know what I’d do…

For this very simple and easy recipe you will need:

  • 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup Nutella 
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, cooled slightly
 
With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F). Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) square cake pan with parchment paper, letting the paper extend over two opposite sides. Butter the two other sides.

In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.

In another bowl, beat the eggs, hazelnut spread, brown sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.

With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture, alternating with the melted butter.


Scrape the batter into the cake pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few crumbs attached (not completely clean), 35 to 40 minutes.

Cool in the pan for about 2 hours. Unmould and cut into squares. A secret I use is to cut with a plastic knife.
Serve warm or at room temperature.

Nutella Brownies

Recipe courtesy ofRicardo Cuisine

10 comments:

  1. I am with you girl! I have been dreading 9:00 church because I love sleeping in. But I have LOVED it! Can't wait for summer time, and the longer days. Early church will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, the question is... who gets to lick the spatula and bowl? Jorge has told me all out brawls use to break out between you two growing up over that. I picture: Gloria, "Modern Family" with the b.b. gun, "step away from the brownie batter". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!! Very well said Jodi!!! And la abuela almost having a heart attack trying to separate us two from "killing" each other!!!
    P.S I should get a BB gun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Nutella brownies! Those look like HEAVEN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am so going to put this on my list of recipes to try. My husband spent 2 years in Italy years ago and this became his favorite treat. So we try and have it in the house always. Plus, my son wants to own a Brownie Shop someday. What a great idea to get the two together! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Iwould love it if you would enter your link at our Shindig Saturday linky party here:
    http://kimskandykreations.blogspot.com/2011/03/shindig-saturday-linky-party-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove Nutella, but have never made anything with. For some reason it never goes on anything except a spoon and then straight into my mouth! So, this is like a "healthy" brownie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have amazing flavor ... am definitely gonna try this one out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Those look amazing! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey vivian

    dang this looks great:) do u need baking powder for this recipe?

    thanks

    mellocat

    ReplyDelete