March 2, 2011

Like Mother Like Daughter

For many years, I have been coloring, doing highlights or something to my hair. My hair has cost me quiet a bit of money. Needless to say, all the damaging effects have taken a toll on it. So about 2 years ago, I stopped doing anything and got used to my natural black hair.

Not anymore! I’m back! And to tell you the truth, I don’t know if I will ever go back to my old self again…

I LOVE IT. I love everything about it! Thank you Solanyi. You have always come to my rescue and have done wonders with my crazy hair.

But I didn’t do this alone. I brought Katy along. My intention was for her to play with my friend’s daughter as she was working on my hair…I should have known better.
dec2010 003If she is like me, of course she was going to want to get her hair done, too. And as usual, I wasn’t going to be able to say “NO”.
dec2010 004
Little miss diva is having the time of her life enjoying her new LOOK. 
dec2010 005
She is adorable. Every inch of her reminds me of myself but better, much much better. And I would have never wanted it any other way. Better in spirit, better in heart, better in soul.
dec2010 012
LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER
This is not all about her or my hair. It’s about loving ourselves for who we are. As a mother, I try to constantly remind her of not only her outside beauty but her inner beauty. I fill her eyes with affection, and both her and me have basked in immense pleasure, experiencing ourselves as blissfully beautiful.  Since a very young age, thanks to my own mother, I learned that it is in this mutual glow that the earliest seeds of positive self-esteem are planted.
I hope she remember what I’ve taught her.
In the mean time, even with her calling me “my weird Colombian mom.” I would like to continue…
dec2010 013
…making funny faces
dec2010 014
… and making mad faces. Katy is just too sweet to make any kind of mad face- I’m glad in that one we may not be as alike after all.
OH, HOW I LOVE HER SO!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute you two! And you know what they say... "blondes have more fun!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the summer hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. I love the hair.. on both of you! I also love that you're teaching her about inner beauty as well. So many girls let the world beat them down and we have to start building these girls up.. from when they are so young. What a blessing they are. You guys are too cute! And love the new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete